Durma PL-C 1530 Plasma Cutter

General software related questions should be posted here.
ExtremeEngineering
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Durma PL-C 1530 Plasma Cutter

Post by ExtremeEngineering »

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

Here at Extreme Engineering we have run in to a problem with our Durma PL-C 1530 Plasma Cutter.

The Siemens SINUMERIK control panel constantly throws ERROR CODE: 700005 TORCH COLLISION, keeping the machine and torch from being able to be manually moved, or move at all.

We have reached out multiple times to Durma USA to help fix the problem but they continue to tell us the same fix, "Change the Motor Box for the Torch movement," which we have already done.

So our questions to the minds here are...

1. Is this a software or hardware issue?
2. Can this be fixed without Durma USA intervention?

Pictures below for further information. Any questions or requests for pictures you have in regard to this issue are welcomed and will be answered as soon as we can.
20220721_110849.jpg
20220721_110814.jpg
20220721_110907.jpg
20220721_111118.jpg
20220721_111934.jpg
20220721_111946.jpg
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Durma PL-C 1530 Plasma Cutter

Post by acourtjester »

I have no experience with that table, but some generic info may help. The screen image in the middle indicates a limit and torch collision error, and another error that seems to be waiting for a signal from the mode group. You may have a switch that is bad or a broken wire in the switch circuit. Do you have any schematics of the electronics on the table?? If they use mechanical switches they can be NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed). if each switch is a circuit by itself they would be NO and close if touched. If they are all in series (connected in a string one after another wire in the start wire out at the end) these would be connected NC. Any one touched will open the circuit to show an error, or a broken wire in that circuit.
The mode signal may be a time out because of no movement of the axis because of a switch error.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I agree with Tom. A good place to start would be to check out and test your limit switches. Does your machine use ohmic sensing to automatically detect the material surface? If so, then a faulty wire to the torch could cause the torch hit material error message.
David
ExtremeEngineering
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ExtremeEngineering »

Sorry for the delayed response.

Here are some of the wiring diagrams that seem most important.
20220727_103357.jpg
20220727_111042.jpg
20220727_104545.jpg
To answer your question, yes it does have Ohmic Sensors.

Couple of questions.

1. Where do I look for these switches?
2. How do I go about testing the switches?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The limit switch wiring is not shown on the schematic diagrams you have provided. You posted three out of a total of 22 diagrams. I expect they are shown on one of the other diagrams. Look for the sheet that has limit switches on it. Then post it here. You switches may be either normally closed or normally open. A dvm can be used to check the switches for functionality. Have you located the switches on your machine?
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

My first question is how does your system sense a torch collision?

I see the torch mount has a cable entering it at the 12:00 position. I am curious what that is for. Is that a motor that changes the angle of the torch? If not it is possible that it is for your collision detection.

It is also possible that it detects a collision based on motor current draw I am not at all familiar with your system but any additional info may help.

Return to “General Discussion”