Servo motors on Myplasma?

General software related questions should be posted here.
Potus2000
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Servo motors on Myplasma?

Post by Potus2000 »

Hello,

It appears you can run either steppers or servos on Acorn, can you run servos on MyPlasma? Is there anything extra required or is it the same hardware and setup?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Servos on Myplasma?

Post by weldguy »

You can run servos on pretty much any setup anymore using the Clearpath servos. They will connect to stepper drives and I have used them with success on older stepper driven setups. Setup is more difficult as you have to tune the motors but I have had good luck with their autotune feature. If you want to keep it simple and easy go with the steppers, can always switch to servos in the future and stepper motors are cheap and reliable.
Potus2000
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Servos on Myplasma?

Post by Potus2000 »

weldguy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:43 am You can run servos on pretty much any setup anymore using the Clearpath servos. They will connect to stepper drives and I have used them with success on older stepper driven setups. Setup is more difficult as you have to tune the motors but I have had good luck with their autotune feature. If you want to keep it simple and easy go with the steppers, can always switch to servos in the future and stepper motors are cheap and reliable.
Thank you for the Clearpath advice. I see your point and will probably go the route of steppers to start, knowing I can upgrade in the future.
weldguy

Re: Servo motors on Myplasma?

Post by weldguy »

:Like :Like
jimsa
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Servo motors on Myplasma?

Post by jimsa »

It's good that we can use servos on the Acorn, I had the same question, but now everything is clear.

Return to “General Discussion”