DXF importing issues

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
gtojim
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

DXF importing issues

Post by gtojim »

I notice that allot of the dxf files posted here are just the cut paths, and a bunch of them have un-connected nodes and require allot of fixing, I have a Torchmate 4400 and I use Torchmate Cad, am I importing them wrong? is there a better way? I like to modify and create my own "lead-ins" and cut paths.
===============================
Torchmate 4400 / Flexcut 80
https://www.facebook.com/Nuk-N-Futz-Met ... 571120852/
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DXF importing issues

Post by Larry83301 »

I open most of the files in MasterCam and only once in a while find that the file has cut paths. When I find cut paths I just delete them and the file is good to go. If you could post one or more of the files you have problems with perhaps someone could figure out what's wrong.

Larry
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

I actually have the same problem some times to. Lucky enough, most of the time someone else had problems with it and deeper in the post someone resubmits the file and it usually works. I use the torchmade CAD/CAM software and I just thought it was that.
galennelson7
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by galennelson7 »

you have to change the allowable error. when it imports it comes in at .000001, change it to .10 and it will connect the nodes. go to arrange>connect path. this i had the same issues and this has resolved them.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

ETCWeld wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm I actually have the same problem some times to. Lucky enough, most of the time someone else had problems with it and deeper in the post someone resubmits the file and it usually works. I use the torchmade CAD/CAM software and I just thought it was that.
Never doubt Torchmate cad. :o :shock: :? It's NEVER let me down. :lol:
DezertBlingMoto
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DezertBlingMoto »

Ive had those problems as well . The problem I have had as of here lately , it freezes the program when I try and import a dfx file. Theres a can-am file on the share group and that one I have never been able to import it cause it freezes the CAD program . Any suggestions Thank yo in advance .
jpaakman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jpaakman »

Your not alone my friend. I'm done with torchmate. I'm looking for a new software that has support. Lincoln has done us all a disservice. But we are not new money apparently.

I talked to the old school torchmate tech guys and they have admitted that their software cannot interpret the proper way to import. Especially from autodeak products. What a joke. Autodesk is a standard.
DezertBlingMoto wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 pm Ive had those problems as well . The problem I have had as of here lately , it freezes the program when I try and import a dfx file. Theres a can-am file on the share group and that one I have never been able to import it cause it freezes the CAD program . Any suggestions Thank yo in advance .
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I talked to the old school torchmate tech guys and they have admitted that their software cannot interpret the proper way to import. Especially from autodeak products. What a joke. Autodesk is a standard.
It's a problem with proprietary software. The companies that use it want complete control. I avoid them whenever possible.
Hopefully you find a solution.
I have a buddy purchased a Torchmate last year and is having troubles importing dxf files also. If anyone is in the Milwaukee area and could help out it would be greatly appreciated.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Torchmate Software”