torchmate CAD - draw a point

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
ed08
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

torchmate CAD - draw a point

Post by ed08 »

Probably something really simple, but does anyone know how to draw a single point using torchmate CAD (i.e. tool path so that torch simply comes down and pierces a hole at set pierce delay, no X/Y movement)?? I've messed around with node editing and can't get it to work, checked manuals and came up empty. Do I just need to make a line or circle with very small geometry? Looking to pierce a center hole for drilling after the fact essentially. This is on a "Growth series" 4x4 machine that I recently picked up used. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: torchmate CAD - draw a point

Post by adbuch »

Hi Ed,
I'm not familiar with torchmate cad, but in Design Edge there is a "create point" command that works exactly as you have described. Perhaps the next best thing would be to draw a very small circle - as you have suggested. One thing to keep in mind is that the plasma process creates a very hard layer where it cuts, and this could potentially damage or rapidly dull your drill bits. Good luck!
David
No Class
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: torchmate CAD - draw a point

Post by No Class »

Could you not just turn fire your torch from the control screen?
If I toggle my torch on, it will come down, sense the plate, move to pierce height, fire the torch then move to initial cut height and stay there till you toggle the torch back off. Make sure your AVHC is on manual mode.

Return to “Torchmate Software”