Need old plasma cam install disc

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
wyopower
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Need old plasma cam install disc

Post by wyopower »

My old plasma cam pc crashed and burned. I got a new computer, but i do not have plasma cam install disc. i miss plased it or lost it over the years i guess.. I called plasma cam and they said for 1200 bucks i can up grade to new version and get new disc.. Problem is i dont have 1200 bucks and only use this unit a few times per year, so i was wondering if any one new where i could get a hard disc CD of the older plasma cam install disc?
Thanks in advance
Wyopower :?:
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Need old plasma cam install disc

Post by beefy »

What a low life company LOL. Holding you to ransom over an old install DVD file set.

Any decent company would just have the DVD ISO file as a download in their archives, or for a fair price would send you another DVD.

I don't care how good their tables might be. When a company does this to customers, I can only hope they eventually lose business, and go out of business.

Hopefully one of the many Plasmacam users has a v3.1 disk. I'm guessing that's the one you are after.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I would post in the plasma Table discussion forums under PlasmaCam also in hopes of finding a user with the old disc.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Cyfairplasma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cyfairplasma »

I’m in the same situation, did you have any luck with getting the 3.1
Uzaree
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Uzaree »

I can help if anyone needs help still. inbox me.
Amada CO2 3500 laser
Amada NT1303 CNC Press Brake
HAAS ST35Y
HAAS VF4SS
Solidworks CAD design
Tube Bending
Welding and Fabrication
Jacampb2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Jacampb2 »

I can't PM because I am a new member, but I am in the same boat and need 3.11. If someone could help I would appreciate it. I apologize for replying to multiple threads about this. Plasmacam treated me so crappily that I am still would up about the whole ordeal.
AliC1986
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AliC1986 »

LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR MY FELLOW MEMBERS
AliC1986
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AliC1986 »

20190207_123805(1).jpg
Let me see what I can do for my fellow plasmacam Og's.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

I don't understand how this company expects to maintain a customer base when for the same price people can have a far more robust table and in many cases lifetime upgrades for free. Crappy customer service....wtf. Less than transparent pricing, everything is super secret and a tinkertoy frame......hard pass! The whole business structure is just too shady to mess with. Marshall and his Shop Outfitters and Plasmacam is just a weird deal. With the sea of plasma tables on the market they gotta be feeling the burn. They no longer have the entry level market cornered.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Ironken wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:37 pm I don't understand how this company expects to maintain a customer base when for the same price people can have a far more robust table and in many cases lifetime upgrades for free. Crappy customer service....wtf. Less than transparent pricing, everything is super secret and a tinkertoy frame......hard pass! The whole business structure is just too shady to mess with. Marshall and his Shop Outfitters and Plasmacam is just a weird deal. With the sea of plasma tables on the market they gotta be feeling the burn. They no longer have the entry level market cornered.
What does your post here actually contribute? I doubt you have any personal experience using their machine or software so you speculate. Trust me, they are doing fine despite being notably hard to deal with. I've long said loud & publicly that the company would be run much different if I were in charge but I'm not. As far as a tinker toy.... I don't seem to have any problem loading and cutting 4x8 sheets of 3/4 steel on mine, have you ever even cut a full sheet that thick or is this more unfounded speculation?

Fine if you want to hard pass, that's certainly your prerogative but get over bashing something you don't understand.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

You're just getting your feelings hurt because your bread and butter is teaching plasmacam classes. I'm not the only one in this thread taking a harsh opinion of plasmacam......read above. Why did you not jump on them as well? You are correct, I have no experience operating a plasmacam and coming from an industrial background, their machine is a tinker toy. I did consider purchasing until I got the pricing runaround. I am very glad I dodged that bullet! What does your post contribute here? Feel better for calling me out?

What's not to understand about your holy grail machine? Is it powered by a space modulator and plutonium? It's the same story over and over, old plasmacam and now it is a boat anchor until you pay the ransom.

As for questioning if I have ever cut anything that thick? You can shove that little barb. I actually have. A Peddinghaus cnc plasma/plate punch with 1-1/4" capacity. When a person calls out others experience or skill, it shows insecurity or a dumb assumption. Currently, no I do not cut 3/4. The thickest material I cut is 1/4.....because the product I build requires no more than that. I only consume about 4000#s of steel a month, so I am a relatively small operation. You ok now? Do we still need to compare weenees here?
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

My feelings are just fine. I quit caring what trolls thought of me a long time ago. I'm sure Plasmacam dodged the bullet as well so get over yourself and your need to post on a thread in which you have zero experience or knowledge to offer. My reputation and ability speak for themselves; you seem confused about what I was calling out: your complete lack of experience with the product you were 'reviewing.'
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

The only statement I made about the piece of equipment was about the frame. No review of anything else. I have set hands on one and seen one work, I have not operated one. I'm not impressed. No review at all.....why do you keep trying to build up what I said? What I said is literally in text above. You obviousely have an emotional connection to this equipment and I apologize for pissing you off. Your abilities to operate an entry level cnc and to teach the software to others should be noted and do speak for themselves. You are very good at all things plasmacam, yes I get that. Can we be done with this or do you still have an axe to grind because I ruffled your feathers?
AliC1986
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AliC1986 »

:o Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

AliC1986 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:53 am :o Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.
Had to look that one up in the urban dictionary. That's funny!
IBBruin
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by IBBruin »

If we wanted drama we'd all just read FaceBook. Can't we all just get along? lol
Darryl

Gorilla 48x48
PM 65
Aspire 9.015
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Your apology is accepted. My feelings never had anything to do with it, I just needed to note some clarifying facts.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

IBBruin wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:15 pm If we wanted drama we'd all just read FaceBook. Can't we all just get along? lol
When you have someone who teaches Plasmacam, and especially if they profit from it, and others that knock Plasmacam, that's highly unlikely :lol:

Anyway, the drama may be better than Facebook :twisted:
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
metladdik
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by metladdik »

Uzaree wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 am I can help if anyone needs help still. inbox me.
I am also having that problem with old version plasmacam software
Uzaree
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Uzaree »

I've used my plasmacam for 14 years. It allowed me to buy my laser. They are plenty robust. Now that being said, If anyone needs the software I have it and can email it to you. I don't check this very often because it doesn't notify me I get msg's.
Amada CO2 3500 laser
Amada NT1303 CNC Press Brake
HAAS ST35Y
HAAS VF4SS
Solidworks CAD design
Tube Bending
Welding and Fabrication
toschar
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by toschar »

I am a new user and am in the same boat. No software and mine is still in a pile with no manual. Just trying to learn please help thank you. If you can pm it to me because I am new and cant pm yet!
Plasmascam
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Plasmascam »

Hello all. I'm new here and hope to revive this thread, or at least ping those who've posted here and wish for a PM. I, too, wish to find version 3.11 for use with my fifteen plus year old Plasmascam table, which I am the original owner of. We've suffered from the typical experience with the company, and despite the thousands of dollars put into the product, one mistake with a computer has turned the table into a hostage. Please help.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

So allow me a minute to tell my story. I am in the process of selling my plasmacam table since I bought a different table. I have made thousands of signs etc with my two plasmacam tables. I really like their software, the table not so much. I like some things about the table and other things not so much. I called up plasmacam a couple weeks ago to get a transfer of ownership form sent to me and I told them I was in the process of selling the table. Note the word "process". Well I go to get on my plasmacam program to mess with some files and lo and behold I am locked out. I called the company on July 2nd or 3rd and ask why I cant access the program. The guy at plasmacam says it looks here like you sold your table. I said I am in the process of selling my table that is true but until it actually gets sold and you guys get the transfer of ownership form you cannot take me offline from being able to use the designedge I paid for. I understand I lose it when I sell the table. I asked the guy have you received the transfer of ownership form? Well no he said. Then why was I taken off line already I asked? Well I don't know he said. Well get me back online because I need to do some cutting and fill some orders. How long will it take to get me back on line I ask? Probably a couple days he said. Well get it done because I am losing money here not having access to certain files. I still am not able to access plasmacam. I am really pissed about this. I will call again on Monday. I understand the 4th of July landed in the middle of this but they still had the day before and the day after to get it done. I am way over $5000 behind on orders that should have been filled since they shut me down and I cannot access my files.
DXF

Post by DXF »

I purchased a used PlasmaCam DHC2 machine with DesignEdge this year. I couldn't activate the software until PlasmaCam received a proof of tranfer of ownership which I emailed them a copy and got it activated the same day. On July 2, 2019 one of my (3) back-up computers went down so I had to uninstall and reinstall the DesignEdge software on another of my back-up computers. Something went wrong and the website said I had already activated it. Updated the software for free online. Called PlasmaCam on July 2, 2019 to get it working and within a couple of hours they reset it and I was good to go. I have personally never had any trouble with either of my machines or the company and I have owned PlasmaCam machines for over 19 years.

Dave Hanks
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Ive had a couple plasmacam tables over the last 12 or so years and the company were great to work with until this fiasco.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”