Help getting a Plasmacam DHC up and running

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Rick Adams
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help getting a Plasmacam DHC up and running

Post by Rick Adams »

I recently purchased a plasmacam dhc without the computer that had been running it for years. I purchased a new dell computer running windows 10. I quickly found that the PC 3.11 software was not compatible. after some research i found that AXXON makes a PCI card that was designed for Plasma cam, it bridged the gap between the windows10 and the 3.11 software, it's the LF1119KB PCI card if any one is having the same problem. The problem i'm having now is getting my machine to actually run. I've gone thru all of the diagnostics up to the point of setting the pierce height. the software seems to be communicating with control box because the machine will initialize and move around the table. my plasma cutter will also fire using the manual switch control on the diagnostics panel. After setting the pierce height the instruction manual says to open a cut path then press cut and the machine should do a dry run without cutting. at this point nothing happens. Same result when i set the cutting height, entered all of the recommended values but nothing happens. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help getting a Plasmacam DHC up and running

Post by rdj357 »

Have you converted the path to a cut path yet? Make sure the path is blue (when not selected) and if not, use the Convert to Cut Path command under Machine menu (or use the hotkey P) and see if it will then cut. To do a dry run make sure the auto cut control is off, (indicated by the light beside the on/off cutting button of the control panel).
delxr250
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by delxr250 »

Any chance you can send me a copy of the 3.11 software?
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

I certainly won't as that isn't exactly legal considering the software license agreement does not allow sharing of software. If your table is registered in your name, you could contact Plasmacam to discuss upgrading to a current version of software so you could operate legally.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Search the CD and DVD bins at swap meets and yard sales, thrift stores and flea markets. There are lots of PlasmaCAM 3.11 software disks floating around.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”