Torch going off table.

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
emcilroy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torch going off table.

Post by emcilroy »

We upgraded to a Hypertherm 65 using the plug and play cord and also move to a machine torch from a 45. We have the problem of the torch going off of the table and cutting lower then what the design is setup on the screen is. Any help would be appreciated.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch going off table.

Post by plasmanewbie »

Did you reset your Z zero in the Heigt Control tab in your settings? I don't own a PCam but did work with a buddy who has one.

I think you just lower your torch until it touches the material then press the Zero button I mentioned above.
Francisco
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Francisco »

By "cutting lower", do you mean lower in the screen, i.e., on the Y axis? By changing from a hand torch to a straight one, the torch location has also changed.

If you haven't done so, you need to set up the X and Y torch offsets. If I remember the procedure correctly, you initialize the system, open "Settings"\"Machine Control" and move (arrow buttons or by hand) the torch to physical 0,0 on the table, then click on the corresponding "Set zero" icons. The yellow cross cursor should now also be at the screen's 0,0.
emcilroy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by emcilroy »

No we have not. I'll get this done. Thank you very much.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

emcilroy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:44 pm No we have not. I'll get this done. Thank you very much.
:Like :Like
emcilroy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by emcilroy »

Sorry its taken so long getting back medical problems in family. Yes we did what set X,Y and Z. No problems now.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”