Help with DesignEdge

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Help with DesignEdge

Post by DXF »

If you are struggling with DesignEdge software I strongly encourage you to contact Joe Jones to come to your shop for training. I had a Plasma Cam 98Z for almost 20 years with Plasma Cam 1.2 software and then sold it and purchased a slightly use Plasma Cam DHC2 with DesignEdge and the advanced options....I highly recommend you buy the advanced options. I bought the new machine on Valentines day of this year and let it sit till about a month ago when I started to try to learn how to use it.....thought I knew a little bit about CNC but I was overwhelmed so I hired Joe Jones to help me for a couple of days. Best decision I have made in a long time. He had the machine going and cut the first project with my new machine and brand new Hypertherm 45XP with the CPC connection the very first day and went thru a lot of the software and fixed problems with my computer. The second day we went thru some of the DesignEdge functions. Joe is good company and having someone at your machine that knows the software showing and explaining things is so much easier than watching videos and I hate to read. Joe has made over 150 free training videos also. These CNC plasma machines aren't "plug and play" so if you plan to or have purchased one you need to remember there is a learning curve and it ain't easy. Most fun I have ever had without laughing! :lol:

Dave Hanks
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help with DesignEdge

Post by rdj357 »

Glad he got you sorted! I helped an owner on the phone that's been having electrical issues with their table since May and in 10 minutes he was initialized and ready to cut!
DXF

Re: Help with DesignEdge

Post by DXF »

rdj357 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm Glad he got you sorted! I helped an owner on the phone that's been having electrical issues with their table since May and in 10 minutes he was initialized and ready to cut!
Thanks. I watched one of your videos to help me decide on my latest machine and software.

Dave Hanks

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”