dxf cutting help!

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
air2design
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

dxf cutting help!

Post by air2design »

IT has been over a year since I programmed and set up my first and only cut job.
I now have another set up to do and can't get plasmacam to select the lines in the correct order.

I have a simple .875 dia. arc with a lead in line .15" long. No matter what I have done, the machine selects the beginning of the arc, traverses if in CCW direction and then does the lead in line!!

I even re-drew the file to begin with the lead in line and then draw the arc. :Mad
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: dxf cutting help!

Post by rdj357 »

I don't know which version of software you're using but if you're importing a cut path that you've drawn in another program and you need to reverse the direction:

In Design Edge - select the path and then choose Edit from the menu and Flip Direction or just press Ctrl-J

In 3.xx versions - The only way I know of to do this would be to mirror it if that can work.
air2design
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by air2design »

It is starting at the junction of the lead in line and the arc, cutting around the arc and then cutting the lead in line.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Send me the PCM file to Robert@490Creations.com that has the cut path please. What version software?

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”