Design edge settings

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
jcarpenter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Design edge settings

Post by jcarpenter »

I bought a second hand Plasmacam with Hypertherm 65 and am trying to get it set up correctly. I have set my pierce height, pierce delay, Ipm and cut height using the Hypertherm manual for 10ga steel. My test cuts look good and the machine appears to be operating correctly, are there any other high priority settings I need to be aware of? Table is a 4x4 with advanced design edge.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Design edge settings

Post by adbuch »

If you are going for accurate dimensions on your parts, then perhaps do some test cuts and measure your actual kerf width and input this value to your settings page.
David
jcarpenter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jcarpenter »

Will do I verified cutting height is correct but have not measured kerf, thank you.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Once you have the table ownership transferred over into your name, you might consider joining the Plasmacam Owner's Community Online Forum. It is much more active than the Plasmaspider Plasmacam forum.
David
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I have quite a few videos on Design Edge that will complement their video manual. Links to my Facebook and YouTube are in my signature. There is one called Settings Explained that goes through each setting as well. Welcome!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”