Online Training Issues Solved!

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Online Training Issues Solved!

Post by Joe Jones »

PlasmaCam killed the ability to use TEAM VIEWER long ago. They had good reason to do so. Team Viewer allowed remote operation of a CNC table, and that ability is fraught with dangers.

I have now purchased a ZOOM room pro subscription. Also, I have found a program called ALTERCAM. this program allows a person to substitute a PC screen for a webcam. In this way, I can share my DesignEdge screen with the client and view his or her screen on a second monitor at the same time. If more people are in the conference room, each person can simultaneously broadcast his or her PC screen so that all participants can view any screen at any time.

I currently do not charge for online instruction. I can also help you with a particular file, or to work out some issue you are having with a design.

You will need a GOOD Internet connection. It is best for each participant to have TWO screens. One screen is your DesignEdge software. The other screen will allow you to view my screen or the screen of any other participant in the room. Computer audio is used so you need a mic and speakers on at least ONE PC. If the second screen is on the DesignEdge PC, that will work. However, the second screen can also be another PC, or a laptop, or a tablet, or even a smart phone. You should not have a mic on more than ONE PC, because audio feedback will occur.

I am available by appointment. Usually, a person will contact me ahead of time and we will meet in a ZOOM room on an agreed date and time.

Send contact info and more to addmenow (at) mail (dot) com. I look forward to meeting you in a conference room, and to help you work on a file, or learn something NEW!

Joe
Joe Jones

Re: Online Training Issues Solved!

Post by Joe Jones »

I actually found a better and easier way to do this.

By entering a ZOOM meeting using the desktop client, you come into the room and you are able to share YOUR screen. By ALSO entering the same meeting using your BROWSER, you come in as an observer, and you can view any shared screen on a second monitor, or a second PC, or laptop, or tablet, or iPad, etc.

ZOOM says they do not offer simultaneous screen sharing, but this is a viable workaround. It has proven to be useful for online training sessions.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”