First question - New table - Cuts the opposite of whats on screen

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
LuckyWeasel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

First question - New table - Cuts the opposite of whats on screen

Post by LuckyWeasel »

I didn't know how this might be characterized so I didn't have much luck finding an answer in my searches. My table cuts great parts, and I am having a great time cutting out things from various photographs. However, it cuts them with the view from opposite the torch, rather than seeing what you want looking down from the torches perspective. What is the simplest way to turn this all around? (I did not set it up) Thanks. :)
vanweld
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: First question from a CNC newbie

Post by vanweld »

Depending on what CAD/CAM software you are drawing in, there is an option for "view from top of plate" or "view from bottom of plate". My guess is that changing this will give you what you are looking for. Go to the help section in your software and you should be able to find it. May have to search perspective?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

There is another thing that could be causing this, You may have one axis ( X or Y) moving in the wrong direction. you did not say if you were using Mach 3 and SheetCam. If when you look at it in SheetCam and Mach 3 if it looks correct on the screen but cut opposite this is your problem.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
LuckyWeasel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LuckyWeasel »

I wondered that I might simply tell the axes to to invert the direction signal. Yes, using Mach 3 and Sheetcam.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

yes that is very easy to do, a simple test for the axis for X and Y is using the keyboard arrow keys. The left and right keys are for X and up and down are for Y. If you hit the right arrow the DRO numbers should go up (positive) and to the right if standing at the side of the table. the up arrow the DRO number should go up (positive) and away from you.Now two thing you need to watch for first is the correct movement of the axis and the other is the home direction the axos moves. you change the direction under ports and pins, motor outputs, under "Dir Low Active". The home direction for X and Y are going home is negative or for them to be in the left, and closest corner of the table shown in the attached image. This is changed in the Homing/Limits under "Home Neg". Also the Z must move down for home in Plasma use.
cnc coordinate.jpg
cnc coordinate.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 585 times
direction (1).JPG
direction (2).JPG
direction (2).JPG (52.51 KiB) Viewed 585 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT