start stop

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
martincoates
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

start stop

Post by martincoates »

Hi,
I'm pretty new to this , so bear with me.
I will be plasma cutting a big file, when for some reason the plasma stops cutting, however , the torch is still moving .
I hit stop on the mach 3 screen and scroll back a few g code lines back to the point where the arc stopped.
I thought that by hitting "start from here " on the mach3 screen all would be well, but nothing.
The highlighted g code just jumps back to where i pressed stop, and nothing more.
Please help!
Martin
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: start stop

Post by WyoGreen »

Take a look at this post. There are many threads concerning this and a quick search will turn them up.

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic. ... 05#p158547

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: start stop

Post by acourtjester »

There are 2 thing to consider first to restart you need to scroll back to the last M5 command and click on "set next line" then click on cycle start.
The reason is you need the M3 to fire the torch. Now a problem with that is you are re-cutting the same path which may cause a problem with your THC. Another way is to go back a few lines and use the "set next line" and manually fire the torch with the F5 key this way you are only re-cutting a short distance. This may also have a problem with the THC as there is not arc OK when you start. It can be done you may need to run some test to see what works for you. Understand that the table will move back to that point when you restart, so you know it will do that. Don't want "what the" :shock: :lol:
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”