Bunch of issues, newbie

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
AZ_guy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Bunch of issues, newbie

Post by AZ_guy »

I just had my computer with the parallel port die, everything was running well before it did. Now that ive had to replace the computer It wasnt working with the parallel port so I bought a UC100 controller. That seems to be working so far but for some reason there are a few issues that im not sure how to fix. Sorry, but here is my list of current questions

Since i didnt initially setup this system how do i determine all the information, does it auto detect stuff? how do i know how many steps, khz, etc.. I pull up the settings options and just see a bunch of check boxes that i dont understand.

first the Estop button used to turn the motors off, like completely off. Now it just seems to make it so that i cant manually move the torch but the motors stay on.

the motors seem louder? not sure if this is just in my head or not but all the motors just seem to be making more noise, have no idea why that would be.

it seems to sound fine when moving X direction where just one motor is moving the torch across but it makes all kinds of weird noises and almost vibrates when trying to move in the Y direction. Makes a noise almost like its running out of travel against the table but its not and its intermittent, maybe missing steps?

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”