Mach 3 THC Settings

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Mach 3 THC Settings

Post by Nacs Fab »

What THC Settings do you use in Mach3. I am trying to chase down an issue with torch raising and not lowering and I believe it has something to do with the Tipsaver function in Mach. My THC Has its own Tipsaver so I have disabled the button on this screen in Mach. Of course the screen is generec, as I have the Antidive light unlit, but the setting for SlowDown Anti-Dive is at +60.0, THC Delay (Sec) is 0.1 and THC Rate (%) is +5.0. I am wondering if I up that first number from +60.0 to lets say +80.0 if it would cure my problem? I am thinking this percentage is basically forcing Mach3 to ignore my THC signal to bring the torch back down due to what I currently have it set at.

It basically does this on long cuts and the thing is my table cutting surface isn't exactly perfectly level due to years of cutting. Just tired of this happening.
mach3 screen.PNG
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach 3 THC Settings

Post by weldguy »

I don't have a solution for you but is this a new problem that has just come up or has it always done this?
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Its always done it, so it shouldnt be anything I have changed recently. I've always just dealt with the problem but I never get to nest a whole sheet of things because of it.
all built... by me...
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

I looked and I saw my Z minimum was set at -.25” which is not very low. I set it to -1.00” and I’ll run some things tomorrow night. I’m going to feel real dumb if I’ve had this issue so long and never figured it out. Haha
all built... by me...

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”