THC301 EXE file???

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Ktmrider2005
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

THC301 EXE file???

Post by Ktmrider2005 »

Howdy everybody!

I recently bought a slightly used plasma route Blaze HD plasma table with 80A cutmaster. However the computer it came with has a locked hard drive. So I installed a new hard drive and installed mach3. Machine works and cuts but I cannot for the life of me find the install file for the Torch Height Control. ( PR301 )made by texasmicrocircuits. Does anyone have the install file for THC301?

THC30x.EXE or THC30x.ZIP
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC301 EXE file???

Post by acourtjester »

You may post a request with one of these sites.
https://www.google.com/search?q=texasmi ... e&ie=UTF-8
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Ktmrider2005
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Ktmrider2005 »

I have tried all the sites and no luck. Im really hoping someone is running the same setup and can provide the file.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Have you tried locating a local computer guru who may be able to get into that hard drive for you?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

As you have probably found out TexasMiicroCircuits is no longer in business and the Ex-Owner avoids all contact with any of its products or customers.He moved and came out with the TMC3in1 unit but it looks like that may have fallen on hard times too.https://www.amazon.com/CNC4PC-TMC3in1-T ... B07GFS6C4T
That THC301D design was similar to the MP1000 we developed and sold in 2004 to 2006 time frame . whilet here was not much to the MACH3 "install" the biggest issue is probably the Screens in MACH3 . The signals are really basic: parallel port inputs for three signals : UP, DOWN and THC ON (Arc OK) one ouput to fire the torch though the Sensor card . The torch volts were displayed on the LED fromnt panel and the preet volts we set using the same readouts . I did not design the THC301D but I know the Engineer that did. The problem with messing about with antiques is either the sellers are gone , the designers are old or dead and parts are impossible to find. Here are a couple of old files I found for the MP1000 that MIGHT help you with the THC301D . You just about have all the red off that lollipop bud!
MP1000Files.zip
(27.38 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
MP1000 Install.zip
(3.03 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

I did a search and it seems I have a copy of the *.SET (screenset) and XML file for the THC301D and it's attached within the zipped folder.

the *.EXE I suspect just installed the *.SET and *.XML files.

The XML is the profile file and the *.SET is the Mach3 screenset.

There does not appear to be a *.DLL so the screenset should output the info to the THC

good luck!

Sorry I am not able to offer any support as I don't have a THC301d and I've not used Mach3 since about 2015.
THC301d.zip
(37.3 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

There is no plug-in (.dll) for the older THC301D to my knowledge. It used the internal THC logic in MACH and none of parameters were sent anywhere. It just read the voltage, used the internal settings and sent the UP and DOWN signals to MACH.....pretty much like the import THC's did for years.
The THC301D did not talk to MACH or pass any parameters .
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The EXE was a "INSTALL" file that simply added in the .set and .xml files and put in the correct bitmaps for the screens .
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

I had another look.

The THC301.zip folder contains the screenset for the THC301 + THC301d and also the profiles for both

The THCBitmaps.zip contains the images for the screensets.

You will need to extract the THCBitmaps into a folder:
C:\Mach3\Bitmaps\THCBitmaps

there are only a couple of additional Bitmap images such as THC on/off and Torch on/off and probably a few others.

Good luck.
THC301.zip
(74.54 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
THCBitmaps.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

I don't remember but I d'on't think there were any included macros (or changes to normal M codes). If there was they would go go into the MACHJ3/macros/{name of profile}/ folder Each Profile has its own Macros folder. Sometimes the M3 macro was changed to hold motion until the ARC OK was ON. Its been a LONG time since I looked at any of the MACH3 interface . I know you still use MACH3 on your table with our older controls so you can probably help this guy out .
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

forgot about the macro folder I'll have another check

I think it's done through the buttonpress and embedded into the screenset
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

No there is no custom macro folder so I suspect that the gcodes are embeded in the SST file.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”