4’x8’ PlasmaBOT CNC Plasma Table

Buy and sell used plasma cutting and related equipment here.
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

4’x8’ PlasmaBOT CNC Plasma Table

Post by Nacs Fab »

4'x8' sheet capacity CNC Plasma Cutting Table that I built around 7 years ago. This machine cuts Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Saw Blades, etc.. anything electrically conductive can be cut. It also can engrave with a diamond tipped Scribe that mounts in the torch head.

Table can cut up to 5/8" thick material (recommended by Hypertherm) with a 1" thick capacity if edge starting the cut. Table has a water bed to control sparks, smoke and heat.

Table was built using Precision V-Rail technology, which is extruded aluminum rail and gantry with a hardened steel v-rail. The gantry rides on precision V-Bearings. This produces a high quality cut with smooth edges. The Table is powered by Nema 23 Stepper Motors with plenty of speed and torque to handle any Amperage and Speed required by the Plasma Unit. The Controller Box is a home-built unit with Power Supply, Gecko G540 4 axis controller and a CancCNC Torch Height Controller. The torch height control keeps the torch at the correct cutting height even if the sheet deflects from heat warpage or if you are cutting corrugated steel.

Complete with Hypertherm 1250 80 Amp Plasma Unit with Duramax Machine Torch. I will include the original 1250 Hand Torch as well but this is not a duramax (upgraded torch). The Duramax torch on the CNC Machine is an upgrade to make the 1250 use same consumables as the newer Hypertherm 65, 85 and 105 Plasma Units and this torch saves consumable life considerably! This plasma will cut as good as any high end production machine.

Computer Kiosk houses the Computer loaded with software to Run the CNC Table and to Draw and Edit dxf files for use in cutting artwork or parts. I have thousands of files that are included, many of which are custom files of my own creation. The Computer has fully licensed AutoCAD 2010 and Inkscape to create and manipulate dxf files of artwork or parts. These are fully licensed products with no limitations of their use. Once you have a cut ready dxf file, you load the file into SheetCAM TNG to create the cut paths for the dxf artwork. This program creates the "GCODE" needed for Mach 3 to cut the file out on the CNC Machine. There are many pre-loaded cut path parameters for all of the different material types you will cut. Once the cut paths are generated, you load Mach 3, set your "home position" on the corner of the sheet and push the run button and it is off and cutting till the part is complete, then it returns to its "home position". Mach 3 is pre-set to run all of the GCode you generate with SheetCAM. There are other programs such as Excel, Word and the operating system is Windows 7. The controller has an E-Stop as well as torch height control arc voltage dial which can be adjusted by hand on the fly if needed. It also has anti-dive so it will not drop the torch head when a part drops below the steel.

The Frame and Water bed are unpainted, as I got busy using it and never stopped to paint them. They can be painted or continue to be used as is. I used a solution in the water to keep it from rusting through the bed, similar to Plasma Quench and i'll provide you with the recipe.

I have several items that will also go with the table, a new Motor Guard air filter to keep the air dry going into the Hypertherm Unit. I am including a brand new EasyScriber attachment which will allow you to scribe steel and aluminum to add detail to your artwork or perhaps a part number to it. https://www.theeasyscriber.com/ I also have all of the parts and a wiring diagram to make this Ohmic Sensing instead of floating head. Both have their advantages.

I will include new heavy duty cast iron Caster roller wheels that can be installed on the table. I have enough spare consumables to cut many sheets of different types of material and they are included.

I will offer limited training on how the table works and run through a complete cycle of taking a pre-made dxf file to a cut path, and a finished cut product before you leave my shop. I will not offer training on Autocad or Inkscape as i feel if you are purchasing this machine, you should know how to manipulate these programs or at least can use the thousands of files I have. This machine comes without a warranty of any type and once you leave my Shop, my training will cease within a reasonable amount of questions and troubleshooting if it is needed. When I built the machine, I joined plasma cutting forums and got my training and question/troubleshooting there and I expect you to do so as well.

You are basically buying a business. There is no reason why this machine could not sustain a comfortable living in this area. I will give you my pricing software to help you get started. Check out my old business here at www.facebook.com/precisionplasmadesigns

Located in Central Missouri 65202. $11,000 firm
pplasmadesigns@gmail.com or pm me here
BA4316D0-B621-4051-B8C8-C1BD59E81A71.jpeg
5CF572B6-9814-4346-B238-0F8BCD2C5BBB.jpeg
B06CC46F-E557-4F1C-8F48-ADA9E5CFAD36.jpeg
698D237E-1CB2-4EE4-BDC7-C31061B38F2B.jpeg
96FEA99D-C1B4-43C5-B3C1-D5B308FFFF76.jpeg
69890DC2-2830-4B2E-9D20-8DB1008C11B0.jpeg
C658486B-41E9-43EC-B4AD-C746B7B234D4.jpeg
CDED004B-B956-4BB7-B112-A8E410719260.jpeg
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 4’x8’ PlasmaBOT CNC Plasma Table

Post by adbuch »

Checked out your facebook page. You've done some nice work! Sorry to hear you are "hanging it up".
David

Return to “Classified Ads”