Sheet Cam for Linux is corupt

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Sheet Cam for Linux is corupt

Post by edclayton1 »

Can anyone tell me how the proper process for deleting and reinstalling SheetCAM for Linux on my computer?
When I import .svg files now on my Sheetcam in Linux the files appear all distorted on the screen. The rest of the program seems to be working ok. If I open up saved projected the images look correct. I think at first I was having problems with just .dfx files but now the .svg files are not displaying correctly at all. When I simply attempted to rename the sheet cam folder to sheetcam.bak and then downloaded and installed SheetCAM from the internet it still found and loaded all my settings from the previous installation. So I want to remove and do a completely fresh new install of SheetCAM on my Linux but I don't know how to do that correctly. I tried looking for help on the SheetCAM website and forum but I dint see any thing there on how to go about doing this.
BTW I tested the drawing files on a different computer and its not the drawings themselves that are the trouble here. In windows they opened fine in SheetCAM.
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG welder
Miller 211 Wirefeed Welder
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
80 gal 2 stage 175 PSI Emax air Compressor
AdrianH
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Sheet Cam for Linux is corupt

Post by AdrianH »

Did you post on the Sheetcam yahoo group a few days ago with this issue?

If not try going into Application Options/ Drawing Import/ and then change the Arc fitting tolerance = 0 (zero).

Adrian
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Is this a 32 bit version of Linux or 64 bit? I have been trying to track this one down and it appears to be only on the 64 bit Linux release. Setting arc fitting to 0 should fix it.
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by edclayton1 »

I did not post this on the yahoo group. Ive never been to that site I don't think. I am only aware of the forum link on the Sheetcam website @ https://forum.sheetcam.com/
Thanks for the recommendation, it was set at 0.0039" I changed it to 0.00 and then imported a drawing and it fixed my issue. So Thank you for that! I don't think I ever deliberately changed that setting and I don't think the software has been updated since this issue appeared. For me the automatic or the update button never has really worked almost all of the time. I am using ver. 6.1.51 and I think its the 64 bit version. Unfortunately the about screen doesn't report whether its the 32 or the 64 bit version.
AdrianH wrote:Did you post on the Sheetcam yahoo group a few days ago with this issue?

If not try going into Application Options/ Drawing Import/ and then change the Arc fitting tolerance = 0 (zero).

Adrian
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by edclayton1 »

Les Newell wrote:Is this a 32 bit version of Linux or 64 bit? I have been trying to track this one down and it appears to be only on the 64 bit Linux release. Setting arc fitting to 0 should fix it.
Les that did fix the problem. Not sure how it ever got changed but it works again now. Thanks. I would still like to know the proper way to un-install and reinstall the application in Linux though. is that described somewhere already that I am unaware of? I am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit. If I recall correctly I believe on account of that I would have chosen to install the 64 bit version of Sheetcam.

Thanks again.
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Les that did fix the problem. Not sure how it ever got changed but it works again now.
It normally defaults to somethign like 0.01mm. The latest 64 bit version appears to have a bug in arc matching and setting this value to 0 disables arc matching.

Deleting the sheetcamtng folder will remove SheetCam but not it's settings. To remove your settings you need to remove or rename the .SheetCamTNG-dev folder. This is a hidden folder in your home directory.

Return to “SheetCam”