Starfire Controller

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Jawz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Starfire Controller

Post by Jawz »

Can anyone tell how to get the Starfire Controller to read the GCode from Sheetcam
I assume you need to use a postscript, but which one.

Please Help.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Starfire Controller

Post by acourtjester »

It is called a Post Processor and you can contact Les at SheetCam via their web site use the contact us function
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

I have attached a couple of posts that should work with your controller. I would recommend that you try the 'Baileigh Starfire' post first. If you have problems with that one, try the no arcs version.

Open the zip file and save the included files to any convenient folder on your computer then run SheetCam and go to Options->machine->post processor. Click on the 'Import post' button. Using the box that appears, navigate to your post and open it. Go back to Options->machine->post processor and make sure your post is selected.
Attachments
posts.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
spiderman1985
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by spiderman1985 »

I also have the baileigh plasma table with the starfire controller and I'm trying to use sheetcam. I teach a high school metals class and I'm trying to get this machine set up for the students.
I'm trying your g code listed above. The no arcs version of the g code will load into the starfire controller but the other post file g code will not. The trouble I am having with the no arcs version is that the auto thc control signal from the starfire is very intermittant. its like the starfire controller thinks it is always approaching the end of a line or a corner and it cuts the auto signal to the thc. Could this be an issue with the G code?
spiderman1985
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by spiderman1985 »

I know that there probably aren't many people with this same setup, Its old and chinese and difficult to use. I did find a solution to my problem. It may help somebody else so I'll post it here. I just edited the post to remove any speed related code. Every time I would try to load code from the starfire post it would say F-Error. The chinese starfire controller takes care of all the speed settings so they are not needed in the g code. Now the g code loads and the thc functions normal. I have attached the new post file.
Baileigh Starfire without feedrate.zip
(1008 Bytes) Downloaded 173 times

Return to “SheetCam”