THC Causing Z to rapid up and down

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

THC Causing Z to rapid up and down

Post by TrinityFabworks »

I have a proma THC and when it moves up and down, it does so too quickly and causes a back and forth sawing motion. Is there a way to slow down the z axis on movements caused by the thc?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC Causing Z to rapid up and down

Post by acourtjester »

Increase the HYs volts
proma.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by TrinityFabworks »

I get that, I usually have it set around 6, which I think is a little too much. I'm having a problem with it over shooting because my z responds in such a fast manner that I think the THC can't keep up.
Metalmedic
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Metalmedic »

I had a lot of this same problem with a fast z with proma, I had to slow my z way down to like 15ipm. It also depends on how fast your cutting the proma is very slow. I ended up switching to a TMC 3in1 with my ESS smoothstepper it’s was night and day.
DibbleDesignFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by DibbleDesignFab »

Metalmedic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm I had a lot of this same problem with a fast z with proma, I had to slow my z way down to like 15ipm. It also depends on how fast your cutting the proma is very slow. I ended up switching to a TMC 3in1 with my ESS smoothstepper it’s was night and day.
i have just recently bought a 4x8 premier plasma table and i had gotten the proma SD thc with it, it just seem like i am constantly always having to fight with the voltage, is the TMC 3n1 something that i could easily switch over too without alot of downtime
Metalmedic
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Metalmedic »

Do you have the smoothstepper ESS? If so it took me like 2 hrs, too actually have it running a few days or so to mess with anti dive settings and all. But actually running pretty easy. Also Andy at Warp9 is super helpful with it.

Return to “SheetCam”