Sheetcam changed geed rate

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Sheetcam changed geed rate

Post by OTHill »

Somehow some of my tools got the feed rate changed. Probably about 1/2 of them and all changed to 49 ipm. No idea what caused that. Also a few files lately show all cut paths correctly but when I do a simulation it will miss some cuts and than mach3 skips the same ones. Any help? Thanks in advance.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Sheetcam changed geed rate

Post by acourtjester »

When you change your feed rates to what you want, save the Tool set as default and it should not change them when you restart or an update is issued.
I did see this some time back but think Les cleared it up with an update, is your computer hooked to the internet so it gets auto updates. Under help menu click on "about" and that should display the version number you are on mine is 6.1.53. If you have different layers you may be leaving them out when you run simulations or when doing the post processing. Are you sure you have a operation that has them setup.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

My version is 6.0.28. I remember that numerous times my screen has showed automatic up date available but for some reason my computer won't allow it to update. No the last file I had trouble on was all on one layer. It was queer I had 24 circles with 8 hole patterns and it left out the outside circumference on 3 of them.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Here's the latest stable version.
https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... 6.0.30.exe
If your using the dev version it's here.
https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3 ... 6.1.53.exe
Download it and run it and it should update.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Ok thanks much both of you!

Return to “SheetCam”