Safe Z or rapid travel height from zero

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
RawFabRobb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Safe Z or rapid travel height from zero

Post by RawFabRobb »

Ok so I'm running a premier plasma w floating head sheetcam and mach3, "no thc atm", I've had everything up and going good. Than last night I was doing some cuts and noticed when I was zeroed out x and y and jogged down to the sheet and zero the Z axis like always, when I hit cycle start the head does not retract up to rapid height like before or safe Z and wants to drag the sheet to the first pierce than lift to pierce height and cut height, do it's cut and THAN it will move to the .75 I have set for rapid travel. Than upon completion of the part when I hit go to zero it will raise the Z to the 2 inch safe Z height I've set in MACH3. I know I had it set to lift the z axis prior to an x and y before and I'm not sure what I did to make it stop. I shouldn't have to edit any code or anything as Ive had it move the z before the x and y before. I can see I'm the gcode the call for rapid travel height after the first cut but not at the first line of code to start the part.. I've set rapid height on sheetcam to .75 and safe Z in mach to 2". And it worked before. Any help would be great as I've scoured the web for hrs for an answer.. thanks
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Safe Z or rapid travel height from zero

Post by Les Newell »

In Options->Job options->Tool change make sure 'No move to safe Z after tool change' is turned off. If it is on you will get exactly what you describe.
RawFabRobb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Safe Z or rapid travel height from zero

Post by RawFabRobb »

Les Newell wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:16 pm In Options->Job options->Tool change make sure 'No move to safe Z after tool change' is turned off. If it is on you will get exactly what you describe.
This seemed to work!!!! Thank you! I don't know why it would have started all of a sudden but that fixed it. Now back to work till the next hiccup

Return to “SheetCam”