Sheetcam with Pricecnc AVHC10

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Sheetcam with Pricecnc AVHC10

Post by svieau »

Just got my table to fire off my Hypertherm 85 its home built. The issue I am having is it start the cutting program, as soon as the torch fires off the program stops the move. The torch will continue up and down and not move, the torch is on. I went back on You Tube and followed setup of the AVHC10 and still will after the torch starts it will move the torch up and down real fast. I am hopping it just something in the program that I have wrong? Any idea what I could have wrong. I went back into Sheetcam and I think that is right not too sure, not that good with G-code. Thanks, Steve
Blackslacks
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam with Pricecnc AVHC10

Post by Blackslacks »

Are you using the Price post processor?
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I am sure I am, but I will recheck this morning
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Here it he post processor I use with my Price THC and the location on my hard drive yours will be similar (not have tom in the address but a different word). I use a probe and floating head switch so it has the G31 command. If you get a screenshot of the 10 lines above and below the M3 command line that may help to see what is happening. From the manual
manual.JPG
manual.JPG (82.55 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
address on disc.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Thanks for the info. Now do I only have to have the post processor for Pricecnc THC? I installed the post and I now can't get anything to work. It will not probe for the height or even start my torch. Do I have to change anything in the Pricecnc post or dose it stay like it is. I am not good with g-code, I need all the help I can get. I couldn't download the post you sent, it said it was sent in an e-mail and it wasn't properly decoaded. I will have to send the screen shot tomorrow as I am not in my shop. Thanks for the help, Steve
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

What I sent was a ZIP file you un-zip and copy the Post Processor to the location on your hard drive that has the SheetCam Post Processors stored, as shown in the screenshot attached. Your statement "I couldn't download the post you sent, it said it was sent in an e-mail and it wasn't properly decoaded." makes no sense
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Why that wording came up is I tried to view it before I downloaded it and that's what Adobe said. I wanted to see if I had already downloaded it from Pricecnc and what changes their was. Sorry. Then I downloaded right to Sheetcam today, I haven't tried it yet but wanted to apologize to you first. I going to try it right now and let you know. I don't have to change anything to the post right, just the way you sent it. Thanks, Steve
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Well I tried it and when I hit start the torch will start to move to probe, it will hit tie plate then goes down another .1500 and will not move any more. Is their some place in sheetcam to change the height? Now my pierce height is .1500 but it moves the wrong way.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Yes it is not the tool configuration section, I will send a screen shot
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

This shows both the Pierce height and cut height which you can enter, this is fairly normal for many thickness of steel. With thinner steel you can use 0.090" for pierce with no delay.Are you using a ohmic sensor or floating head switch, the post processor will have a different command for which one you use.
height.JPG
height.JPG (66.55 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I am using an ohmic touch sensor. I am using the pierce height and cut height numbers as you show in Sheetcam tools. Thanks, Steve
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I asked this earlier but it didn't post, here it goes again. Am I suppose to add the output pin number on the M03/M05 on the post you sent me? I tried it with adding the output pin on Sheetcam but when I loaded it into Mach4 it added it to all the M03/M05. It didn't add it to NO180 M03 so I added the pin number to it and the torch would go to probe, touch the metal and go up to .1500. But then I would end up with alarm MACRO ALARM: 3 MERROR_TIMED_OUT, and I don't know what that is? Steve
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Ok I have setup mine using both Mach3 and UCCNC ( different tables) and the torch trigger was pin 9 and output labeled #1. I don't use any extra Macros. The post processor is setup to use M3 and M5 to turn on and off the torch, no changes needed in the G-code. The path for communications between the G-code and table operations is how you configure Mach. It may need another member to step in, sometime 2 party communications do not connect. Another members description may help, understand I am not saying you have a problem with communications, it just happens. Like saying the more eyes looking at a problem makes for a quicker solution. I am not shutting you off, just looking for another member's input, correcting your problem is the goal.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

what motion control software are you using?

is it mach3? (or something else)

sheetcam adds "M03" when it runs the post processor and it runs the "OnPenDown()" function within the post processor.

"OnPenDown ()" also does other things like touchoff too

"M05" is addred when "OnPenUp()" function runs in the post processor.

uccnc has specific macros to run thc functions (thcon, thcoff, thc lock down, etc)

mach3 does not have any of those macros by default ..... you have to write / create them (they also DO NOT run in sync with motion, nor can you ever make them in mach3 run in sync with motion..... if you have a smooth stepper or run an lpt port with mach3 then yes you can run M10/M11 to turn the thc on and off)

waffle over.

questions:
1) what motion control software are you using?
2) how well do you know or understand sheetcam, it's operations and post processor?
3) are you new to CNC?
4) is mach3 licenced, and NOT with a free licence that you found or were sent on a dvd or cd containing mach3, if you are running mach3 it MUST be licenced, you cannot run it in demo as THC does not work in the free demo version. a fake licence of mach3 if that licence is on their fake licence list will make the software do odd things, it is designed (without warning) to charge off and cut it the wrong direction and ruin your work if you use a fake licence as their approach is "it serves you right for using a fake copy". it can do any number of random things at any time if mach3 detects a fake licence.
5) are you running the licenced version of sheetcam as it will only post process the first 150/180 lines of gcode (I forget which) in the free unlicensed version.
6) are you using a motion controller, if do which one?
7) going back to your original problem....
svieau wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:20 pm The issue I am having is it start the cutting program, as soon as the torch fires off the program stops the
it sounds to me like the software is waiting for an arcOK / transfer signal..... so the question is, how have you wired up the hypertherm 85 to the price thc?? and your CNC Bob??? where is the ArcOk / transfer signal wired from the CPC (circular plastic connector) on the hypertherm 85?

questions 2 and 3 are for me to try to understand your competency and knowledge, as I'm sorry I don't know you, and I am trying to work out what your setup is and how you are controlling it.
question 4 is because I don't know the answers to questions 1 and 3
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Answers,
1)Mach4
2)Very little
3)Brand new well about 8 months
4)Mach4 is fully licensed
5)I am running a licensed Sheetcam program
6)Using a C-25 smooth stepper terminal board with a ESS motion control board
7)I used the machine interface cable to connect to Pricecnc control up, down and arc OK. I have done the test on the AVHC10 to show it works in my Mach4. All the test are working. I have the anti-dive connected but they tell me it dose not work with Mach4.
When I first started up my DIY table I had a lot of trouble with my touch sensor. I got that worked out then moved along to start the torch, I didn't Know that I needed a relay to do that. So I got a relay hooked it up went into sheetcam to g-code a simple pattern to cut, program to turn on/off to an output pin and I thought that I had the Pricecnc post processor. Started it and the torch moved to start went down to probe , fired off the torch and stood there and moved up and down didn't move. I posted my problem and they asked me if I was using Pricecnc post, I thought I was but must have changed back to something else when I shut down Sheetcam. I change it back to the right post processor, now it will go to start, down to probe and comes up with an alarm MACRO ALARM: 3 MERROR_TIMED_OUT, and their is where I am at now. I don't know what the alarm is? I hope this makes sense. I am just trying to work out all my problems and learn how to work the program before I start cutting for real. I need all the help I can get.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

the answer to your error:
https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index ... #msg271941
GIYF

I have never used mach4 with plasma (because warp (-)9 could never get the plugin working before I sold my ESS onwards)

as I said in my earlier post.... your problem is the ArcOk / transfer signal not being detected by mach4.

with regards to corner height lock / antidive, that will be enabled through m63 and m64 in mach4 which are the only synchronous macros in mach4.

I "think" warp9 has got m63/m64 to work with the ESS....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... _gZ7kW5Ecm

https://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-m ... peedMacros

good luck
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

here is a copy of the price thc manual

https://7b84bbd3-9971-4b2e-8351-72dfab6 ... 42d743.pdf

if it were me.... (and I have never used the price thc....).
1) it sound like the transfer voltage setting in the price thc is too low.... so that it does not appear to the price to be transferring
2)...... I would use the transfer signal from the hypertherm and not use the price voltage derived transfer signal.....

see the price manual, pdf page 26, item number 3 ARCOK RANGE setting
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Thank you, I will look into it.
rrossetti
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by rrossetti »

arc transfer range should be set at +65 & -35
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I found the problem, it was in my post processor. I changed the code just after the torch fired off and got my torch to move. I was doing a simple polygon, started the cut and it would shut down about one inch before the corner then would not start back up until one inch after. It was in my sheetcam path rules. I took out all the path rules that suppose to turn on/off my THC. I am using M62P3/M63/P3 to turn on/off my torch but I also have it turning on/off my THC. It is worded M62P3 (>>>THC Allowed Via AD2<<<) and M63P3 (***THC Inhibited Via AD2***). Now I know that I can't use the wording that turns on/off my torch the same that turn on/off my THC. What letters do I use on my THC for Pricecnc AVHC10 and put them into my path rules?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I do not use any path rules, just simple THC is triggered after a delay of Arc Ok signal. The KISS rule works fine for me.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill

Return to “SheetCam”