Business Welcome Logo

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Btfabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Business Welcome Logo

Post by Btfabrication »

Hey guys!! I was wondering if anyone could be able to help out with the attached file. I've tried cutting it out multiple times and the wrong pieces are falling out to make it look right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

sbest1
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Business Welcome Logo

Post by sbest1 »

On a quick glance, your svg has the original artwork way out on each side of your design you want making the svg huge. I would delete those. On your truck, there is alot of crossing lines on the door and the front of the truck box. Probably due to ends of lines not closed. Hope this helps.
Btfabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Btfabrication »

Ok thank you
liv2speed05
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by liv2speed05 »

I'm not sure what sbest is talking about with the original artwork, as all i see in Inkscape is the truck in the circle, but he/she is right about lines. they are too close together which is why it will blow part of your drawing out in many places. And you have cuts inside of cuts, like in the cow head on the door. You need to open up and manually alter nodes, moving them so they are not so close together. You may even want to just do away with the garbled letters on the door.
jamesdhatch
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jamesdhatch »

liv2speed05 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:12 pm I'm not sure what sbest is talking about with the original artwork, as all i see in Inkscape is the truck in the circle,
There are 2 other drawing pieces in the SVG. Way to the left of the truck is one and way to the right is another - altogether they make the whole thing about 1275 inches wide :-)

You can see them if you zoom to fit the drawing and then do a Ctrl-A to select all. You'll see the two edge drawings at really tiny scale. If you ungroup and then move the two side drawings out you'll find one is this Welcome circle. One has a barn & tractor scene and one has the whole SLS logo. Looks like either alternate versions of the sign or buildups someone was working on - all saved in the same file though. But at 100 feet long by 4 feet tall, it's likely to choke something like Sheetcam.

I agree on cleaning up the lines and lettering (and some other detail) on the truck.
SLS Truck Logo - Welcome circle.JPG
Welcome with barn.JPG
SLS Truck.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

liv2speed05
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by liv2speed05 »

liv2speed05 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:12 pm I'm not sure what sbest is talking about with the original artwork, as all i see in Inkscape is the truck in the circle,
jamesdhatch wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 am There are 2 other drawing pieces in the SVG. Way to the left of the truck is one and way to the right is another - altogether they make the whole thing about 1275 inches wide :-)
Welcome with barn.JPG
Oh OK. I see what you are talking about. LOL

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”