Need a circle converted...

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Need a circle converted...

Post by beefy »

robertw413 wrote:
> i know this is meant to be funny but these kind of threads are some of the
> reasons some people wont ask for help

First of all, love this thread :HaHa
I'm glad to see there's a bit of a movement developing to get rid of lazy expectant freeloaders that do not even try. From me being attacked years ago on a few occasions for mouthing out about this problem, to a growing number of members getting cheesed off about it too. Good to see.

Robert,

what's getting peoples backs up is that many of these people asking for help, clearly are not showing any attempt they've made themselves. They always say things along the lines of "I've tried but just can't get it". They never say what they are having problems with, or ask specific questions, they basically just ask someone to give them a complete ready to cut drawing.

I never have and never will define that as "HELP". There are members on the forum who charge a fee to give this service and to me that's how it should be when the above is the case.

Asking for real help generally comes in the form of specific questions, where someone is trying but getting stuck. Examples:
How do I convert a line to a curve.
How do I change a cusp node to a smooth node.
How do I join nodes
How do I mirror and duplicate this drawing I made.
Etc, etc, etc, etc

Do you see the difference between really asking for help, and asking for the other type of "help".
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Dragfluid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dragfluid »

Yup,,,,,,,,,, practice makes perfect.
I'm lucky to have a good friend who's also a neighbor that got me interested in this. Fortunately we both have a Plasmacam table, so the tech support/teaching from him is great! Yesterday we went over how to clean up a file and I went over a fairly large one yesterday while he was in my shop doing something else. If I had a question, I would just yell out to get confirmation on what I thought should be done. Was doing the same thing on my own today on my house computer. Getting better and more confident. :)
PlasmaCam DHC2
Powermax 45XP
Tig
Mig
A hammer
bhamer62
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bhamer62 »

I've read thru this thread twice now and still cannot find what font that circle is......
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

bhamer62 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 pm I've read thru this thread twice now and still cannot find what font that circle is......
Helvetica bold... duh...
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”