Security door Modification

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Security door Modification

Post by tinspark »

Security Door Modification:
Cut old school scrolls and cast parts out and saved the existing radius tubing and frame.
Measures radius's and designed and burned new panels, fit and welded.
Regards,

Last edited by tinspark on Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Security door Modification

Post by plasmanewbie »

WOW, what a dramatic improvement!! Looks outstanding :Like :Like
stdave66
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by stdave66 »

Nice!
bansil
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bansil »

Wow! Major difference, where did you find the vines/flowers? Wife has been looking for similar for a couple weeks. A certain cd for sale or?

Again amazing transformation
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

Here you go.
I think they are cherry blossoms
At least that is what I've been telling everybody.
Not a botanist, and most of my friends aren't either, so I guess that's what they are. LOL!
Not a super clean file, so you will need to repair a few lines..
Enjoy!!

flower branch 28 inch.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your file for this. Amazing how a design so simple and a door so ugly can end up looking that good!!
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 am Awesome! Thanks for sharing your file for this. Amazing how a design so simple and a door so ugly can end up looking that good!!
I am pretty sure that I found this file somewhere on this site, so...…... technically it's "OUR" file ? lol!

I went through the whole site when I joined the forum saved and catalogued them so that I could find them easily.
I'm guessing most of us have done that. It took a few evenings to do this but I am glad I did it.

This file has some minor issues, but was a good starting point for me.
Fun project!
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

tinspark wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:01 pm I went through the whole site when I joined the forum saved and catalogued them so that I could find them easily.
It's too bad the site doesn't have this functionality. I went through most of the posts when I started, but I still see old posts surface from time to time that I must have missed.

It takes quite a while to weed through all of the "thank you" posts in each thread to get to the files. I think the site would be a lot less cluttered if it switched to some sort of catalog format with a rating system for the contributions. I'm not exactly sure what that would look like, but I think it would make things easier to find.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

djreiswig wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 pm
tinspark wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:01 pm I went through the whole site when I joined the forum saved and catalogued them so that I could find them easily.
It's too bad the site doesn't have this functionality. I went through most of the posts when I started, but I still see old posts surface from time to time that I must have missed.

It takes quite a while to weed through all of the "thank you" posts in each thread to get to the files. I think the site would be a lot less cluttered if it switched to some sort of catalog format with a rating system for the contributions. I'm not exactly sure what that would look like, but I think it would make things easier to find.
This is from one of the administrators ----

Go to the file sharing forum http://plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=6 and you will find 200+ pages of threads all of which should contain 1 or more dxf files.

If you are using the search option to find something specific be sure to search just the file sharing forum to eliminate search results from other forums.

We do not have a "list" of dxf files or any easy means of downloading all files at once, that is not what the file sharing forum was designed for.

Look around, enjoy the threads, search for things of interest and you will find other things and most importantly have fun and share with others as you enjoy what they have shared with you!

This should answer the question as to why there is not a link to a "catalog" page for all the files. Their are sites that just have files if that's all you want, but here we interact with others that we can share information with either learning from them are teaching them, this works GREAT for most of the people on the board. :Yay :Yay :Yay

Larry
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Yep, Larry gets it :Like :Like :Yay :Yay
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

I agree, the learning/teaching is wonderful. I've experienced both sides and am grateful for the mods to allow us to play in their sandbox, but I'm not positive that most people wouldn't enjoy a more intuitive file sharing area. It seems like I've seen several posts about the search function.
C&CNC EtherCut
Hypertherm PM65
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

Another board that I'm on has a link to ALL posted files, and you should see what people name the files they post. :HaHa Some you can figure out and some not so much ( ZIP.ZIP) ( YES R1.DXF) (WO8Z.DXF) (WHAT.ZIP) and I only looked at a few pages of a very LOOOONNG list (7394 files). As you can see it might not do you a whole lot of good if you had a list of all the files posted on here UNLESS all you want to do is cut someone else's files and sell pieces, learning nothing along the way. At that point you will probably post some kind of gripe that "some of the files are NOT cut ready" I see that a lot. Here on our board you can learn how to make them cut ready for "your machine" which may cut different then MY machine, also you can even learn how to make your own files from scratch and how to cut them (great for custom files). This is a great place to learn, I should know because I have been learning to do this kind of stuff since 1981 and I'm still learning! Started programming on an Apple II and a retrofitted Bridgeport, boy have things changed since then.
Well that's enough about what I think about posted stuff and our board for now. :Yay

Larry
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You're probably right.
C&CNC EtherCut
Hypertherm PM65
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

I went back and searched up the file name that I posted up the thread "flower branch 28" which, apparently I did find on this site.
low and behold it is not a cherry blossom it is a Kowhai Tree blossom. LOL!! The Mrs. will never know HAHA!!
Not too sure what a Kowhai Tree is, to be honest.... I'm stickin' with the Cherry Blossom story for the flowers on her door, since I told her that's what they were,,..so I thought
"That's my story and I'm st-st-stikin' to it"!!

https://www.plasmaspider.com/search.php ... d%5B0%5D=6
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

That thing is nice.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”