T-Rex Shelf Bracket

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Mr.Hotwire
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

T-Rex Shelf Bracket

Post by Mr.Hotwire »

My wife is a JP collector, she got a shelf of "Memorabilia" and I thought this would be a great touch.

The two sets of vertical and horizontal lines are for the folds of the bracket.

T Rex Shelf Bracket.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: T-Rex Shelf Bracket

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for sharing! It had one problematic crossover on one of the teeth which I edited out. Other than that a nice clean file.
This a great file that I'm sure many will enjoy.
David
T Rex Shelf Bracket rev 1 dxf image.jpg
T Rex Shelf Bracket rev 1.dxf

Mr.Hotwire
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Mr.Hotwire »

Thank you, Im USUALLY a Fusion360 guy, but this was done on CorelDraw. So, It was bound to have some problem.

Again, Thank you for fixing it up. BTW... How do you get it to show up as an image?
BAR M
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BAR M »

Very clever. Thank you.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Mr.Hotwire wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:06 am Thank you, Im USUALLY a Fusion360 guy, but this was done on CorelDraw. So, It was bound to have some problem.

Again, Thank you for fixing it up. BTW... How do you get it to show up as an image?
Use the "Attachments" feature and click on "Add files" at the bottom of the screen.
David
Add attachments.jpg

tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

You can also screenshot your drawing and use the windows "snipping tool" and highlight and save what you want to post. I often use this method/

Also, Dave has a program called DesignEdge that does a lot of that stuff for you already, Its actually pretty cool, but pricey as a stand alone program, since it also is a CADD/CAM program that controls their Samson/PCam's and GoTorch machines. For many though its money well spent!
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tinspark wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:58 pm You can also screenshot your drawing and use the windows "snipping tool" and highlight and save what you want to post. I often use this method/

Also, Dave has a program called DesignEdge that does a lot of that stuff for you already, Its actually pretty cool, but pricey as a stand alone program, since it also is a CADD/CAM program that controls their Samson/PCam's and GoTorch machines. For many though its money well spent!
Doug - I went back to the original dxf file he posted and opened it with VCarve Pro (a very capable program for vector editing and much less expensive than Design Edge) and was surprised that the Vector Validator did not find this same crossover that showed up using Design Edge. So I opened his original file again in Design Edge and used the Detect Intersections command - see below.

This was not really a true intersection, but the extraneous closed path was so close to the root of the tooth that Design Edge was treating it as an intersection. This is because with the factory setting for "Gap distance treated as intersection" is set to 0.00001". The actual distance between the extraneous closed path and the main path was only 0.000003". So when I re-linked the drawing with "Gap distance to jump" set at 0.01" it automatically joined this small extraneous closed path to the main drawing path, which I then trimmed away. Simply deleting the extraneous closed path would have accomplished the same thing.

The dimensions of the extraneous closed path are about 0.024" x 0.012". So leaving it there would really not cause any problem and it would probably just show op an extraneous pierce point. But why not remove it if you can.

David
Detect Intersections 1.jpg
Detect Intersections 2.jpg
Detect Intersections 3.jpg
Detect Intersections 4.jpg
Detect Intersections 5.jpg

Tinny Worx
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Tinny Worx »

Thanks for sharing
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

adbuch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:11 pm
tinspark wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:58 pm You can also screenshot your drawing and use the windows "snipping tool" and highlight and save what you want to post. I often use this method/

Doug - I went back to the original dxf file he posted and opened it with VCarve Pro (a very capable program for vector editing and much less expensive than Design Edge) and was surprised that the Vector Validator did not find this same crossover that showed up using Design Edge. So I opened his original file again in Design Edge and used the Detect Intersections command - see below.

This was not really a true intersection, but the extraneous closed path was so close to the root of the tooth that Design Edge was treating it as an intersection. This is because with the factory setting for "Gap distance treated as intersection" is set to 0.00001". The actual distance between the extraneous closed path and the main path was only 0.000003". So when I re-linked the drawing with "Gap distance to jump" set at 0.01" it automatically joined this small extraneous closed path to the main drawing path, which I then trimmed away. Simply deleting the extraneous closed path would have accomplished the same thing.

The dimensions of the extraneous closed path are about 0.024" x 0.012". So leaving it there would really not cause any problem and it would probably just show op an extraneous pierce point. But why not remove it if you can.

David

Detect Intersections 1.jpg

Detect Intersections 2.jpg

Detect Intersections 3.jpg

Detect Intersections 4.jpg

Detect Intersections 5.jpg
In other words it probably would have cut fine the way that it was ..LOL!!
Cool that desingEdge could pick up something so miniscule! super easy to delete though, just to be safe I suppose, especially since it actually showed up....
I wonder if selecting all, and exploding it, and then rejoining it would have fixed it in DesignEdge..
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tinspark wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:08 pm In other words it probably would have cut fine the way that it was ..LOL!!
Cool that desingEdge could pick up something so miniscule! super easy to delete though, just to be safe I suppose, especially since it actually showed up....
As I said, it would have cut fine - but would have an additional very small cut or pierce point - which would probably never be noticed.
tinspark wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:08 pm I wonder if selecting all, and exploding it, and then rejoining it would have fixed it in DesignEdge..
Select all, explode, join/link is exactly what I did. This still leaves a single intersection/crossover. The easiest method to delete the crossover is to simply trim, and then join/link. Follow the steps below.

Select all and "D" detect intersections.
DE Edit step 1.jpg
These are the settings I used.
DE Edit step 2.jpg
Select all, "Ctrl X" explode, "J" link/join, "D" detect intersections - a single intersection remains
DE Edit step 3.jpg
Close-up view of intersection
DE Edit step 4 - need to trim.jpg
Use the trim tool "X" to trim, then "J" link/join
DE Edit step 5 - after trimming.jpg
This is what it looks like after trimming. This process would probably be a major pain with other software, but
very quick and easy with Design Edge.
DE Edit step 6 - after trimming and relinking.jpg

Mr.Hotwire
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Mr.Hotwire »

Thank you all, this has been a learning experience for me. I use SheetCam, and I don't remember there being such an issue, or that it complained at all.
reklez2010
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by reklez2010 »

Thank you

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”