Pure Gas

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
BIG PAPA
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Pure Gas

Post by BIG PAPA »

Does anyone have a PURE GAS SIGN File? Thanks
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Pure Gas

Post by adbuch »

Which version are you looking for?
David

https://www.google.com/search?source=un ... =615&dpr=1
pure gas signs.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

BIG PAPA wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:07 pm Does anyone have a PURE GAS SIGN File? Thanks
By the way Big Papa - you asked for help with another file a while back and there were quite a few responses offering to help you. But we never heard back from you. I hope that is not the case this time.

David

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=33749&p=209745#p209745
BigPapa.jpg

BIG PAPA
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BIG PAPA »

D
adbuch wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:06 pm
BIG PAPA wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:07 pm Does anyone have a PURE GAS SIGN File? Thanks
By the way Big Papa - you asked for help with another file a while back and there were quite a few responses offering to help you. But we never heard back from you. I hope that is not the case this time.

David

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=33749&p=209745#p209745
BigPapa.jpg
Sorry David, I had alot of family things come up and was away for a few weeks.
BIG PAPA
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BIG PAPA »

adbuch wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:00 pm Which version are you looking for?
David

https://www.google.com/search?source=un ... =615&dpr=1

pure gas signs.jpg
Like the first one in the middle row. Thanks
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

:roll: I guess I am spoiled. It doesn't seem that difficult to draw. I guess he has no software to draw shapes, files and text.

Somebody point this man to some vector drawing software!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

I would auto trace in Inkscape and save as a dxf then open in Designedge and modify.
So many guys on here have given excellent advise over the years, and free training on how to use so many forms of software.
A simple search, and one could receive a wealth of knowledge which would greatly improve ones capabilities
My advise to someone starting out is to pick one program and stick with it until they have it down.
Inkscape is an excellent choice and it is free, especially to non gotorch/P-cam/samsung owners
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

tinspark wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:37 pm I would auto trace in Inkscape and save as a dxf then open in Designedge and modify.
So many guys on here have given excellent advise over the years, and free training on how to use so many forms of software.
A simple search, and one could receive a wealth of knowledge which would greatly improve ones capabilities
My advise to someone starting out is to pick one program and stick with it until they have it down.
Inkscape is an excellent choice and it is free, especially to non gotorch/P-cam/[Samson] owners
Exactly! It is the Ford vs Chevy scenario. Most people are familiar with one, or maybe two software programs, so they endorse them, while ho-humming the others. I do not pick on any other software, because I know almost nothing about the other programs. I was fortunate enough to pick the Samson 510 table as my first CNC table, and I purchased the Full Monty of upgrades, so I avoided the manual upgrade-by-upgrade learning curve. I am fairly good at using DesignEdge, and of course, a bit prejudiced about it!

I know that other programs CAN create these vector files ... Inkscape, Google SketchUp, Fusion 360, AutoCAD, DesignSpark Mechanical, and so many others. I like the All-In-One feel of designEdge. There is no need to move a file from one program to another, in order to cut it. Then again, people who know DesignEdge are NOT able to run the "Industry Standard" machines that use actual, visible G-Code. That is GREEK to me!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The key here is to find this logo or similar in the highest resolution possible for an optimum auto trace. Some of these are only 350 x 350 pixels. This one for example.
PURE 1.jpeg
Inkscape auto trace
pure inkscape trace 1.jpg
DE preview. File has lots of rounded edges/points and distortion. If I had to work with this one, then I would just draw it manually.
pure inkscape trace 1 DE preview.jpg

Here is another one with higher resolution of 878 x 885. This one should give sharper corners and crisper letters.
pure 2.jpg

Inkscape auto trace
pure 2 inkscape trace.jpg

DE preview. This one is somewhat cleaner as far as sharpness of lines and letters, but will require some cleanup to remove defects.
pure 2 inkscape trace DE preview.jpg
pure 2 inkscape trace DE preview 2.jpg
pure 2 inkscape trace DE preview 3.jpg
These would need to be cut and assembled as layered pieces to keep parts from falling out.
Layered piece.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

For those wishing to learn how to use Inkscape for auto tracing images, there are some good instructional tutorials in the Inkscape section of this forum.

viewforum.php?f=77

I would also recommend the instructional video tutorials from Logos by Nick. The cost is $17 for his entire online course and well worth it for those serious about learning to trace and edit on their own.

https://logosbynick.com/inkscape/

David
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

adbuch wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:14 am For those wishing to learn how to use Inkscape for auto tracing images, there are some good instructional tutorials in the Inkscape section of this forum.

viewforum.php?f=77

I would also recommend the instructional video tutorials from Logos by Nick. The cost is $17 for his entire online course and well worth it for those serious about learning to trace and edit on their own.

https://logosbynick.com/inkscape/

David
Nice logical and concise instruction without handicapping ones that may not really want to learn anything, but want a handout for their $20 entitlement fee
Some have almost demanded a file conversion on other threads, which for the sake of peace, I have bitten my tongue, and not typed anything sarcastic
Though it has been well deserved in some cases (sarcasm) ..
Better to teach to fish than always giving handouts.
Hopefully most want to learn so that they too can also give and not just take.
Great job leading in the right direction David!
Last edited by tinspark on Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Doug - :Like :Like :Like

Here is one similar for $1.99 on Etsy. This might just be the best way to go to get a vector file ready to use. Of course it may need some editing to make it cuttable, but that should be pretty easy. And the bird and letters could be deleted, and the text "PURE" typed into the middle. This should give a nice clean file maybe even better than an auto trace of lower resolution images.
David

https://www.etsy.com/listing/944730769/ ... oline-logo
Pure Oil Co Etsy.jpg

djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

With a little bit of math dividing the inner and outer points into the correct spacing, the outer edge shouldn't be too difficult to draw. Could use a circular pattern tool to repeat the pattern. Then just insert the text.
And I'm not usually very good at making drawings.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

djreiswig wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:06 am With a little bit of math dividing the inner and outer points into the correct spacing, the outer edge shouldn't be too difficult to draw. Could use a circular pattern tool to repeat the pattern. Then just insert the text.
And I'm not usually very good at making drawings.
:Like :Like :Like
Yes - I agree. This could easily be done using the circular array tool. I had assumed that the OP perhaps wasn't up to speed at creating his own drawing from scratch, but I might be wrong. I would normally use Design Edge for this, but I will take a look at Inkscape to see if I can figure it out there. I would guess that most of the popular programs like CorelDraw could be used as well.
David
warpedredneck
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by warpedredneck »

Thank you for the inkscape links!
I'm still learning and appreciate the links/advise you guys share
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I looked at this a bit more, and I think that a simple manual trace using Inkscape is easier than trying to use the array tool - at least for me using Design Edge. In Inkscape, it is a simple matter to use the Draw lines tool to trace over the jagged circles and letters, and then draw a circle centered on the image to "trace" the outer circle. You can toggle from View, Display Mode, Normal to View, Display Mode Outline to effectively turn the jpeg image view on or off so the trace results progress can be seen more clearly. When tracing the letters, just draw a 45 degree line from the end of each corner radius while tracing, and then use the Node Edit mode to drag the center node of the "chamfer" to create a curve that matches the jpeg image.

For this method, the trace can only be as good as the actual image. In this particular case, the image appears to be a photo of an actual sign and there is some parallax such that the entire image is not really symmetrical. But I think that even with this, this one would be sufficient for plasma cutting and achieve a nice acceptable result.

David
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo.jpg
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo 1.jpg
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo 2.jpg
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo 3.jpg
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo 4.jpg
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo 5.jpg
Inkscape manual trace of Pure logo 6.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

warpedredneck wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm Thank you for the inkscape links!
I'm still learning and appreciate the links/advise you guys share
You are welcome! Let us know if you have any specific questions and we will try to help you.
David

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”