SYNC FineCut Mechanized Consumables

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

SYNC FineCut Mechanized Consumables

Post by rdj357 »

HypHyDef wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:54 am
rdj357 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:47 am I'm going out to cut some more 14 gauge with that same cartridge. Yes, I'm using the Duramax adapter on a Powermax85 that I bought new in December 2021.

I am looking forward to the predicted release of these beta cartridges next month! Fingers crossed!
Hey Robert,
Thanks for posting your results so far on the new FineCut cartridge.
Randy,

I have an important question for many of us trying to cut with the SYNC FineCut Mechanized consumables. Especially it seems, those of us with PlasmaCam tables that have sensitive ohmic sensing, can not use the originally released cartridge. From what I can tell, that design was abandoned and replaced with the revised version (shown on the left in Rriddle's pic below).
The Hypertherm website shows this:
syncfchtweb.png
The issue I have is that I get several calls a week from table owners who are struggling to cut with SYNC FineCut Mechanized cartridges and when I ask what they look like on the end, the describe the original version. These are new cartridges recently ordered from welding supply companies such as Airgas. They're always a bit disheartened when I tell them that one is a POS if used on an ohmic sensing table.

SO.....
  1. Was this a complete replacement?
    • If so, why are welding supply companies still sending out the original cartridges that do not work with ohmic sensing?
  2. Can Hypertherm do anything to either recall these or advise welding supply outlets to check to see if the end user has ohmic sensing so they don't get the original cartridges?
I'm sure as a company that you'd like to use up the supply of those originally produced and there are probably many tables out there other pierce height references or no height control at all that can make use of these but for those of us with ohmic sensing, this is a real issue.....
It's also a considerable amount of (unpaid) time every week for me to be on the phone telling people to call Hypertherm tech support because they got the wrong cartridge despite being the same part number. HELP PLEASE!

Thanks very much!
Robert

(Additional clips below for reference - this topic was discussed in October and November of 2022)
Rriddle009 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:18 am Anyone know what the difference is between these two Sync cartridges?
sync carts.PNG
sync carts.PNG (390.12 KiB) Viewed 368 times
picture of two carts
Also see: https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34441
rdj357

Re: SYNC FineCut Mechanized Consumables

Post by rdj357 »

UPDATE:

I spoke with Hypertherm this morning and confirmed with them that they have recalled all of the Revision A (aka original) Fine Cut cartridges that look like the one on the right. If you get one that looks like this, it should be returned to the supplier for it to be warrantied and swapped out with a new Revision B cartridge. It doesn't matter if it is used - they will make it right. The Rev. B cartridges work very well so don't pull your hair out with a Rev. A!!
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: SYNC FineCut Mechanized Consumables

Post by sonbakler »

Good info, thanks Robert. I would say that is pretty good of Hypertherm to do that even if they are used.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”