powermax 1000 g3 problem

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
justin_ploense
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

powermax 1000 g3 problem

Post by justin_ploense »

I had a scare last night with my powermax 1000 g3 machine. I walked inside the house and was gone for about 30 minutes, I came back out to resume the parts I was cutting and the green a/c light and the red fault light where flashing. I cycled power to the machine and it was still flashing. it would even flash when the power switch was in the off position ( I assume from stored power from capacitors). I ended up pulling the cover off and using hypertherms repair manual to diagnose the problem. I pulled the cover off and blew off the circuit boards and cooling fan, which both were covered in dust, and suddenly the flashing fault lights were off and the machine was back to normal. I have no idea what I did, if anything but I am worried that there is going to be a failure in the near future. Anyone else have a similar experience with their unit?
tambaki
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: powermax 1000 g3 problem

Post by tambaki »

Dear justin_ploense! Do not forget to carry out the maintenance of the blocks air blowing where the boards are not strong air pressure and brush (power off) because dust contains metal shavings, check the contacts for oxidation or weakening, and so on!
tambaki
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tambaki »

Mandatory anti-static and grounding bracelet when servicing electronics so as not to incapacitate the circuit and maintain your health !!!
justin_ploense
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by justin_ploense »

tambaki wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:57 pm Dear justin_ploense! Do not forget to carry out the maintenance of the blocks air blowing where the boards are not strong air pressure and brush (power off) because dust contains metal shavings, check the contacts for oxidation or weakening, and so on!
What is the maintenance of the blocks?
tambaki
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tambaki »

I wrote to you already. This dust removal check and clean contacts check for damage to the wire!
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

tambaki wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:26 pm I wrote to you already. This dust removal check and clean contacts check for damage to the wire!
It seems that English is not your first language. I don't think Justin is understanding what you are referring to as "blocks".
tambaki
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tambaki »

The block is a shield in this case the installation itself

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”