TD 60i

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

TD 60i

Post by pgilley »

Hoping that Jim Colt will comment on the following. I have a Basic 4X4 cnc plasma table, built by Eagle Plasma in Arkansas, and am currently using a Cutmaster 52 plasma cutter with the table. Cutter does a fairly good job except the duty cycle shuts down at times. I purchased a new TD 60i and cannot get it to work with my table. TD technician has not been able to determine why the 60i will not operate with this table. I am considering returning the 60i and would like to know if Jim Colt thinks that a Powermax 65 would work with my system. I do not use a torch height control at present, only start and stop for cutting dxf files.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TD 60i

Post by jimcolt »

Yes the Powermax65 equipped with a machine torch and the CPC interface port will work fine with the Eagle machine. Do not expect the best possible consumable life and cut quality until you upgrade to torch height control......regardless of the plasma cutter you use! Jim Colt
pgilley
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by pgilley »

Thanks Jim for the information. Sure is good to have someone with experience answer a question. If I purchase the Powermax 65 will I need any other modules or connectors to use with the Eagle table ? When I purchased the 60i I was assured by the dealer that the 60i would work with my table just like the Cutmaster 52 I am now using. After purchasing the 60i it would not work with my table, arc would initiate but not stop until power was turned off on 60i. ESAB/TD tech said I needed an interface module and connector for the 60i. Bought those and the 60i still will not work. I plan to return the 60i and probably replace my Cutmaster 52 with a Powermax 65. I have a Proma thc that I will eventually install. As of now I have no problem with torch height. Water table keeps warpage to minimum.
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Billythegoat »

Torch Height Control is not to keep material warpage to a minimum.

Saves your wallet on consumables. Getting the correct pierce height along with pierce delay will make your consumables happy little camper and save you $$$$. If you pierce at cut height that nasty slag wants to stick to your nozzle and significantly shortens the life of your consumables.

improves cut quality. Seems like those darn CNC tables collect slag and the "perfectly" flat steel that we buy never sits perfectly flat to our cutting torch. So, as your soon to be super awsome duramax torch moves across the imperfect, bowed, bent, etc material your THC will keep your torch nozzle at that magic number of .06" (unless you are cutting SS with finecut, then it's .02).

Get that THC up and running, I guarantee that the extra work is worth it!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”