Torch length PMX45 advice?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Noz455sd
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torch length PMX45 advice?

Post by Noz455sd »

I’m getting ready to buy a Powermax45 XP and I was really wanting a little wisdom on hand torch length.... I can get a demo unit with full warranty for quite a bit less with 20ft torch or should I just buy the 50ft model brand new at full price? Will 50ft be a pain to deal with? As it is now it won’t be all that often I’ll be working from a fixed position in a shop and right now I’m working on roofs of shipping containers. Maybe the 30xp is what I really need esp since i don’t have compressor capable of 6 cfm but I’ve seen such good deals on used CNC tables I didn’t want to “cut” myself short for future expandability and torch length getting anything less than the 45. Someone has had to be in my shoes before making the same tough decision but I can find very little on the topic. Right now fast short cuts on thin gauge material using fine cut consumables on the roofs of shipping containers is the job so 50 ft would be handy now but I won’t always be doing that...... thanks for any wisdom you might be willing to share!
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Torch length PMX45 advice?

Post by cuttinparts »

I would buy the demo 45 with 20' lead if its quite a bit less. If or when you buy a cnc table simply buy a machine torch for it that way you don't have to remove the torch when going from hand to cnc cutting. Machine torchs mount more rigid in most cases and simply work better on a cnc table. The money you save on the demo unit can go toward the machine torch in the future. Good luck!
Noz455sd
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Noz455sd »

Thank you sir.... sounds like solid reasoning to me!
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Noz455sd wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am Thank you sir.... sounds like solid reasoning to me!
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”