hypertherm powermax 105 air issue

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
wfregia
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm powermax 105 air issue

Post by wfregia »

The long and short of it is that my hyperthem is throwing a code 0-22 but my compressor is feeding air all the way up to the hypertherm, I have tried using different hoses and running a straight line from my compressor to the hypertherm but it is still throwing a code 0-22.

if anyone knows of a quick fix or what i need to do in order to fix this i will greatly appreciate it.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: hypertherm powermax 105 air issue

Post by WyoGreen »

You need to check your air pressure right at the back of the plasma cutter while the plasma cutter is using air. The recommend way to do that is to plumb a "Tee" right at the back of the cutter, with one leg being the inlet air, one leg going to the cutter, and one leg having a pressure gauge. That should help you narrow down your problem.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Steves got the answer for you above, for sure do that. Could be as simple as a filter getting plugged up and not flowing enough volume to keep up.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Inlet pressure can only be measured with a gauge mounted right at the inlet.This is true regardless of the size of your air compressor. Also, monitor the cut off / cut on compressor cycle....many operate from 90 (compressor activates) to 120 (compressor shuts off) psi. The Powermax105 needs a minimum pressure (this is measured at the inlet with air flowing at the torch) of 90 psi (max of 135 psi). There will always be a drop through any typr of hose, pipe, fittings, filters and traps when air is flowing at the torch, so if your compressor cuts off at 90 psi and there is a 3 psi dynamic pressure drop...then there may be your issue. You can adjust the on off pressure switch to activate at 95 or 100 psi to ensure adequate dydnamic pressure at the inlet. Jim Colt

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”