Ohmic Consumables for Powermax 1250

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Thomo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Ohmic Consumables for Powermax 1250

Post by Thomo »

Hi Guys,

I've just finished rebuilding a Torchmate 3 plasma table whereby I've upgraded the control package with a Icon Integra 7866 controller and their ArcPro THC card. The controller has the capability for Ohmic sensing using inputs on the board. So I have this setup and working well with the Hypertherm Ohmic sensing cap and the FineCut Ohmic shield and nozzle (There is quite a big gap between the nozzle and finest shield). But when I switch over to non FineCut consumable the torch nozzle makes contact with the shield. Hypertherm don't, at least not that I can find, list an Ohmic shield for their 40a-80a consumables. What's even more confusing is that they also do a 105a ohmic sensing cap but no ohmic shield for that either.

How are you guys getting your ohmic sensing to work with the non FineCut consumables?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Ohmic Consumables for Powermax 1250

Post by adbuch »

I'm not sure about the consumables for your original 1250 torch, but there is a kit available to upgrade your machine to the Duramax torch - which is what the newer line of Hypertherm machines use. I am using a Hypertherm Powermax 85 (Duramax torch) with both FineCut and non-FineCut consumables - using the same Ohmic Sensing cap with both. I just switch out the nozzle, shield, and swirl ring when switching from FineCut to non-FineCut.
David
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

I used to have a 1250 and I think you will need a different shield for the standard 40, 60, and 80 amp nozzles. See image below, click it for larger view if your eyes are wore out like mine :Yay
Pmax1250.PNG
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here is the FineCut consumables chart for the Hypertherm 1250. The shield looks very similar to the FineCut shield for my Powermax 85.
Powermax 1250 fine cut consumables.jpg
Here is the non-FineCut shield for the 1250. It looks alot different than mine. My mechanized non-FineCut shield looks more like a gouging shield.
David
Hypertherm 1250  Mechanized Cutting Shield.jpg
Thomo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Thomo »

adbuch wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm I'm not sure about the consumables for your original 1250 torch, but there is a kit available to upgrade your machine to the Duramax torch - which is what the newer line of Hypertherm machines use. I am using a Hypertherm Powermax 85 (Duramax torch) with both FineCut and non-FineCut consumables - using the same Ohmic Sensing cap with both. I just switch out the nozzle, shield, and swirl ring when switching from FineCut to non-FineCut.
David
Thanks, I didn’t realise there was an upgrade. Looking into that.
Thomo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Thomo »

plasmanewbie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:21 am I used to have a 1250 and I think you will need a different shield for the standard 40, 60, and 80 amp nozzles. See image below, click it for larger view if your eyes are wore out like mine :Yay

Pmax1250.PNG
Yes, but they don’t specify a different shield for ohmic and non ohmic. This is what’s confusing.
Thomo
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Thomo »

adbuch wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:30 pm Here is the FineCut consumables chart for the Hypertherm 1250. The shield looks very similar to the FineCut shield for my Powermax 85.

Powermax 1250 fine cut consumables.jpg

Here is the non-FineCut shield for the 1250. It looks alot different than mine. My mechanized non-FineCut shield looks more like a gouging shield.
David

Hypertherm 1250 Mechanized Cutting Shield.jpg
That’s the same shield I use for non finecut. What part number is your shield? I’d be interested to see what it looks like.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thomo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:30 pm
plasmanewbie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:21 am I used to have a 1250 and I think you will need a different shield for the standard 40, 60, and 80 amp nozzles. See image below, click it for larger view if your eyes are wore out like mine :Yay

Pmax1250.PNG
Yes, but they don’t specify a different shield for ohmic and non ohmic. This is what’s confusing.
I don't believe there would be a different shield for ohmic vs. non ohmic. The difference would be the retaining cap.
David
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

adbuch wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:34 pm I don't believe there would be a different shield for ohmic vs. non ohmic. The difference would be the retaining cap.
David
That's correct :Like
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

:Like :Like

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”