HPR 400XD error 044

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
atomizer73
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

HPR 400XD error 044

Post by atomizer73 »

We keep getting error code 044 (low plasma gas pressure) I have found that the very small connectors on the pressure transducers are starting to corrode with that green oxidation, to the point that some of the pins in the transducers are missing. My question is how do I keep this from happening again? This is the second time that this has happened and the first time I found the green corrosion I applied a very small amount of Die electric grease
thinking this would prevent it but in less than a year it is back. It is very humid here in Texas so I imagine this has something to do with it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
I have ordered some electronic corrosion inhibitor so hopefully this works.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HPR 400XD error 044

Post by adbuch »

You might try packing some desiccant around the connectors - perhaps sealed in a plastic sheath. That is the plastic (think part of a plastic bag) would surround the desiccant/connector. Replace the desiccant when it changes color.
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HPR 400XD error 044

Post by weldguy »

Coat it with a conformal coating and that will solve your problem. This is common practice on industrial pcb's check out this link https://www.mgchemicals.com/products/co ... -coatings/ and you can buy it on Amazon

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”