HD3070 Voltage divider

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
MST
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

HD3070 Voltage divider

Post by MST »

Hi Everybody,

I bought a Hypertherm HD3070 a few years ago but never used it. I am now equipping a plasma table with a Myplasm control with new motors etc. So that I can cut CNC controlled. Instead of my 27 Amp Hyperthem hand machine

My HD3070 does not have a built-in Voltage Diverder. So I have to add it myself. Because the maximum voltage that the Myplasm interface can process is 300v. It can also handle a 1:20 or 1:50 split.

When I bought the plasma source, a separate Hypertherm Plasma interface 228256 was included.

Can someone please tell me how to connect it? And where should I connect the start signal?

Thanks for the effort.

best regards Michel
Euclid933
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HD3070 Voltage divider

Post by Euclid933 »

Hi there Michel,
I have just had a quick glance at the manual. Have a look at page 3-27 to get you started. I haven't delved into it at all, but just had 5 mins spare to look.
Regards,
Will
MST
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MST »

Euclid933 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:44 am Hi there Michel,
I have just had a quick glance at the manual. Have a look at page 3-27 to get you started. I haven't delved into it at all, but just had 5 mins spare to look.
Regards,
Will
Hi Will,

Thanks for your response, but this is not the problem. The standard connections (which are mentioned in the manual) have already been carried out. The problem starts with connecting to a cnc controller. in my case the Myplasm cnc controller. To connect the HD3070 to a cnc controller you need a voltage divider which is sometimes standard in the machine (but unfortunately not in mine). The original built-in version is unfortunately no longer available, therefore the previous owner of the machine has bought a plasma interface for the machine (unfortunately without manual).

So if anyone has an idea I'd be very happy.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Hopefully robertspark will step in here with some good information for you. Or you could PM him.
David

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=24738
Robert Spark.jpg

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”