Machine Torch

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Machine Torch

Post by acourtjester »

I needed a new machine torch to go on a table that I am using a PM45 (older type) so I shopped around and found a good deal. The torch I bought is a DuraMax with a 15' cable no consumables included for $600. free shipping. For a 25' cable the number is 059477
https://bakersgas.com/collections/hyper ... ead-059476
They also have the consumables for good prices so I bought them separately as to what I wanted, and I also have others for my PM65 as spares. Now have both hand held and machine torches for both units. I will be selling the 4X4 table with the PM 45 soon and completing table #10 and keeping the PM 65 for that table. :Like
As the sticker shows this torch can be used on PM45, XP, 65, 85,and 105
DSCN5232.JPG
DSCN5233.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Machine Torch

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Good Find Tom.

Having both is the way to go, use the machine to cut parts and the hand to harvest the skeletons.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Tom - I'm envious! I still have my hand torches mounted to my table and rotary cutter. Powermax 85 on the 4x4 table and 45xp for the rotary. But it is easy enough for me to detach the 45xp torch from the rotary if I need to do any hand cutting. Surprisingly enough, I don't often do any hand plasma cutting on thicker material, and for sheet metal I've got my old Thermal Dynamics cutter that I've had now for over 30 years. It won't cut anything thicker than about 11 ga, but works well for my applications.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ps - I'd love to see some photos of your latest table either under construction or when you get it completed. I'm sure you are always adding improvements to your design/builds as you progress - and it's always nice to learn something new.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

The main changes I made with this table is in the controller, I opted for Linux software and Masa electronics. The only sticking point I have is the Ohmic sensing or touch probe circuit and commands in the software. I am using QtPlasmaC and I'm not very good with linux at this point. I still need to build the base for the table. I have the X and Y rails, sliders, motors, ans wiring done. I was able to use the table I have to mock-up them and setup the controller/software to check its operation. The build got side lined by other projects and the weather is real hot here. 2 cans of soda I had in my car blew up :Sad from the heat. This is the assemblies for the sliders I developed for the tables I build, and shown in the plans I sold in the past.
DSCN5198.JPG
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Tom - some very smooth action there with your assembly in the video. Nice!! And the black powder coat looks great as well. I will look forward to seeing your finished result. It's always fun learning some new software as well. And yes - it has been hot here in Tucson as well.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I ordered the wrong shield machine torch (T45 number 220673) if someone here can use it free just pay shipping in the US and it yours.
DSCN5246.JPG
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”