4x4 plasmacam table cutting grate and touch sensor

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Oregonthew
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

4x4 plasmacam table cutting grate and touch sensor

Post by Oregonthew »

Hello! I have a new to me 4x4 DHC2 Plasmacam table with an Everlast 60 cutter. I have a couple of things.

I need a new set of grates for the table if anybody has a set to sell me PM me. I cant not register my machine to order anything from the manufacture as my machine has no visible serial numbers and I have no chance to find the original owner.

I had to repair the touch sensor circuit, the chip for the touch circuit was smoked but since my profession is electronics I decided to repair it instead of replacing it with something else.
I have schematics of the touch circuit and details on how it works so another tech capable person could do a similar repair just PM me if you need help.

After taking apart my control box and reverse engineering it I have to say that WOW! Plasmacam did a great job of packing all of those control circuits in such a small box and on top of it, the X and Y axis are servos with continuous encoder feedback.

have a great day.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 4x4 plasmacam table cutting grate and touch sensor

Post by djreiswig »

You should be able to cut a new set of grates yourself. I think the patterns have been posted here somewhere.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

djreiswig wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:27 pm You should be able to cut a new set of grates yourself. I think the patterns have been posted here somewhere.
Indeed. The post is 2nd from the top in this forum, posted as a “sticky”. Its grate!
Oregonthew
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Oregonthew »

I would cut my own but my table is so bad it's not usable or I would. :Mad
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I would recommend joining the Plasmacam Facebook group. You don't need to own a Plasmacam table to join and I'm pretty sure you will find someone willing to cut a set of grates for you for a price. Plasmacam charges $249 plus shipping.

grate (set of 16 slats)

Grate is the consumable cutting surface of machine that holds the material being cut. Replace when worn, distorted, or points burned off preventing accurate, reliable cutting. (Grate can be flipped over so the other side is used prior to replacement.)
Part #: D-739
Price: $249

Here is the Plasmacam Facebook link.

David

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlasmaCAM.Tips/about
Oregonthew
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Oregonthew »

adbuch wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:48 am I would recommend joining the Plasmacam Facebook group. You don't need to own a Plasmacam table to join and I'm pretty sure you will find someone willing to cut a set of grates for you for a price. Plasmacam charges $249 plus shipping.

grate (set of 16 slats)

Grate is the consumable cutting surface of machine that holds the material being cut. Replace when worn, distorted, or points burned off preventing accurate, reliable cutting. (Grate can be flipped over so the other side is used prior to replacement.)
Part #: D-739
Price: $249

Here is the Plasmacam Facebook link.

David

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlasmaCAM.Tips/about
Thank you, I have sent in a request.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

You're welcome!