DHC pin out or schematic

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
carloscrayon
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

DHC pin out or schematic

Post by carloscrayon »

Hello,

I had the unfortunate situation of someone kicking in my back door and running off with my hypertherm g3 1000, In search of a replacement i came across a cutmaster i60, i bought the automation board for it and created my own connection cable to connect the machine and the plasma. the issue i'm currently having is that while the machine triggers the torch just fine, the computer doesn't seem to recognize that the torch is indeed cutting and sends me the ol "no torch cutting detected", i called plasmacam in hopes of perhaps obtaining a pin out of the controllers, you know the 5 pins that you plug into, and in true plasmacam fashion they replied with a sales pitch and some warm regards. Does anyone here happen to know what pin does what on the control box? I have the trigger cables mapped out already, or at least i think i do cause i can trigger the torch with the test button on the controller and i can also trigger the torch with a cut command from the computer, i think i just need to find the connection that gets me the voltage reading.

Any information is greatly appreciated,
thank you
Carlos
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DHC pin out or schematic

Post by djreiswig »

2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Compliments of John Derby.
David
Torch Control Cable Integrity Test.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

The original Plasmacam cord has a 21.1:1 voltage divider built in (thus the resistance readings shown in the integrity test sheet that David posted).

Be careful to NOT send raw arc voltage to the controller. I don't know about the TD Cutmaster but many machines have built in dividers factory set (and many not adjustable) to 50:1 so it may be that you are getting an arc voltage at the controller of about half what it should be, thus the report that no signal is detected.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

carloscrayon wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:28 am
I called plasmacam in hopes of perhaps obtaining a pin out of the controllers, you know the 5 pins that you plug into, and in true plasmacam fashion they replied with a sales pitch and some warm regards.
Say it ain't so, Sam! SAY IT AIN'T SO! :HaHa

I hope you got it working now.

Joe
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

rdj357 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:05 am The original Plasmacam cord has a 21.1:1 voltage divider built in (thus the resistance readings shown in the integrity test sheet that David posted).

Be careful to NOT send raw arc voltage to the controller. I don't know about the TD Cutmaster but many machines have built in dividers factory set (and many not adjustable) to 50:1 so it may be that you are getting an arc voltage at the controller of about half what it should be, thus the report that no signal is detected.
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

FACT: Every electronic device has a small to medium quantity of SMOKE built into it by the manufacturer. This smoke is contained in a secret compartment that is not visible to the human eye. As long as the manufacturer's smoke is securely confined within the device, it will function normally. Once you let the smoke out, the device will no longer operate.

Yes ... it is VERY EASY to let the SMOKE out of the controller box!

Joe

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”