ISO PlasmaCan Interface Cable Controller to Cutter

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
LaserZX
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

ISO PlasmaCan Interface Cable Controller to Cutter

Post by LaserZX »

I am searching for a Interface Cable for the Plasma Cam Controller to Plasma Cutter

Any info is appreciated I also wonder what free software I can utilize to run the plasmaCam
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ISO PlasmaCan Interface Cable Controller to Cutter

Post by Joe Jones »

First post ... :lol:

Hi,

You can order the cable from PlasmaCam. It is the torch control cable. I believe it is $49.00

As for the software, your ONLY OPTION is to purchase the software directly from PlasmaCam. With that said, there is currently a 4x4 PlasmaCam table on CraigsList that states it runs on alternate software, but it ALSO has stepper motors and such, so it is a Frankenstein CNC table on a PlasmaCam 4x4 skeleton. It doesn't use the PlasmaCam controller box or motors, or software.

Joe

Last edited by Joe Jones on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ISO PlasmaCan Interface Cable Controller to Cutter

Post by adbuch »

LaserZX wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:06 pm I am searching for a Interface Cable for the Plasma Cam Controller to Plasma Cutter

Any info is appreciated I also wonder what free software I can utilize to run the plasmaCam
The torch control cable is available directly from the Plasmacam Owner's Community Forum. Price is $59.00 plus shipping.
torch control cable.jpg
There is no "free software" available to run the stock Plasmacam tables. Depending on which model you have, you would either need 3.11 or equivalent or Design Edge 4.53. The 3.11 software is no longer supported by Plasmacam, but Design Edge and its upgrades are supported and available to legal owners of the Plasmacam tables.

If you are asking about free software to create design files to cut with your Plasmacam table, then Inkscape, Fusion 360, and Solid Edge 2022 are all free and would be great choices.

Good luck!

David

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”