Samson 510 .

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Samson 510 .

Post by Ian Davis »

I give up , I have an expensive storage table now . 3 lots of transfer paperwork sent to plasma cam now, to transfer ownership and still cannot get on the owners form . Any one want to buy it ? U.K. based
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Samson 510 .

Post by rdj357 »

Was there a problem with the previous owner or the transfer? It is usually a very simple process. Sounds like something may be missing from the story.
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

There is nothing missing , genuine . The guy I bought it off bought it new from rapid weld U.K. . I bought it off him , he signed all the paperwork , I have posted 3 lots of transfer papers to plsamacam and emailed them .
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

I have tried to get on the owners forum with the table no and my email address but it does not work , I need one new rack as for some reason he cut one , also there is an problem with the softwhere because somthing on the computer has been changed . I can sort this by reinstalling the OS but might lose the plasma cam software . I have lost the job I bought it for now so will prob sell it as I took a loan to buy it but I will lose money if it’s not working properly .
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Something sounds quite out of place. They will take your telephone call and will sell parts over the phone so lack of access to the owner community is a nuisance but certainly not your only avenue for assistance or parts......
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

I will try to phone to resolve but I am in the U.K. and there is time difference . Email just comes back with reserved for people with hearing loss.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Ian Davis wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:13 pm I will try to phone to resolve but I am in the U.K. and there is time difference . Email just comes back with reserved for people with hearing loss.
I am just trying to suggest ideas with the best possible resulting outcome. I know they are always very busy but sometimes a phone call can straighten things out when other attempts have failed. I understand the problem of time different, I have several people who I communicate with in Australia and the Philippines regularly and have imported machinery from China so have occasionally had to stay up very late to get things taken care of.

I hope you are able to get it resolved soon so you can either keep it for other work or get a good price for a usable machine.
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

Thank you for your help , I am now on the owners forum . They made a mistake on my email but now have sorted it . Ian .
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Great! I was hoping it would be something simple. Glad it's sorted out!
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Are your table and software working now?
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

we have had to move the table again and have just set it up . it is cutting but have a lot to learn , thank you .
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

If you are interested, I do online training to teach people how to use DesignEdge. I do not charge for this. I do it for FUN!

You would need:

1. a computer with a good, reliable connection to the Internet. The PC would need speakers and a decent microphone, or a headset for two-way audio communication over the Net.

2. Your DesignEdge license installed onto that PC. It is best to update your DE installation to the latest version IF you can.

3. Google CHROME browser.

4. The CHROME plug-in extension for "freeconference.com" Since I do not charge for my online training sessions right now, it really IS free!

5. TWO monitors on the PC are preferred, so you can display your DesignEdge program on one monitor, and view MY PC's screen on your other monitor. Alternatively, you can use two PCs both logged into the freeconference.com meeting room. DesignEdge on your PC, and perhaps another PC, a laptop, or even an iPad or a MAC PC as the second monitor. One person used an LED projector to view my screen HUGE in front of him so his wife and son could also learn.

6. Set up a date and time to get together online. Sort out the PC links (video and audio) and then ... we begin! (I am in the Central Time Zone)

I will not be available for training until after December 10th or so, as I am going to Florida and then Virginia for one-on-one training sessions with other PlasmaCam owners. I DO charge for those personal on-site visits, because of the obvious expenses involved. (food, hotel, fuel, tolls, home maintenance during my absence, etc.) However, in the winter, it is too cold to work out in my shop, and frankly, I only do that mostly for fun, so I have more free time in the winter months when I remain indoors for the majority of the day.

I am in the initial stages of setting up an online COURSE that may be accessed at will moving into January. There would be a charge for accessing this course. The lessons would be perhaps 5 to 30 minutes in length each, and grouped to help you learn more about how to Make Money In Metal Art!

If you would like to experiment with this (freeconference.com) I have bits of time now and then to attempt the connection, although it may not necessarily turn into a training session unless I have the free time at the moment.
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

That would be great , we have got some of the basics but the cut quality is still poor . I have tried cutting samples of the cutting grate. I am waiting on some bolts so I can finish the panels for downdraft as the cutter is in a factory where I work with other people there , so the smoke is an issue . I am in the U.K.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Watch my video for an idea of how to deal with the smoke.

http://youtu.be/Qfj5M_eY27s
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

This is the fan I am using .

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”