PlasmaCam with Hypertherm 1000

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
tkastli
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

PlasmaCam with Hypertherm 1000

Post by tkastli »

Hi All.
I'm having trouble getting good, continuous cuts and wondered if someone could help.
I'd like to use someone's known settings to see if I can at least be in the ballpark.
I'm at a school using the 4'x4' PlasmaCam with updated servo package that came out about 2 years ago. We have the PlasmaCut Design Edge Software, Version 4.44, Model DHC2, Controller Version 3. We have a Hypertherm 1000 hooked up to it.

Could I possibly get someone to send me picks of all of the setting screens for some mild steel cutting of 13 gauge, 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" along with settings for the Hypertherm 1000 as well?
Or guide me to the proper location to look these up?
I realize this is a lot to ask and I know I'm doing something wrong but I'd really like to get this working well for the students and me. It's been nothing but a frustration for us!

Thanks a lot for any help you can give us!!!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PlasmaCam with Hypertherm 1000

Post by rdj357 »

Hello there!

I actually teach 3-day workshops on Plasmacam Design Edge and the tables. If you have a look on my YouTube channel, there are 2 helpful videos on basics titled Design Edge Learning Series.

If you want to skip that and run right to settings explained, here is that one: https://youtu.be/7rcm0DdDPfo

My contact info is on my website as well if I can be of assistance. (Links in my signature)

- Robert
tkastli
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: PlasmaCam with Hypertherm 1000

Post by tkastli »

Robert,
Thank you very much for the information! I'll get to it ASAP and see what I can make happen on the Plasmacam.
Todd

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”