Torch firing without input

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
rboonstra
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torch firing without input

Post by rboonstra »

My PCAM DHC2 with Hypertherm Powermax65 is doing something weird. Just sitting there the torch fires. When cutting it gets to the end of a feature and keeps firing without turning off. I have 3.11 software so Pcam will not help. Hypertherm says it's a trigger issue but my hand torch in the Pcam gantry is still tightly held by the ziptie. Controller? Parallel card? This thing has run flawless for 7 years and now this?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch firing without input

Post by weldguy »

Not sure how the Pcam operates but if a relay is used to close the trigger connection it may that it is sticking closed. If you can locate the relay you can feel or listen to determine if it is opening and closing when it should be. Could be that simple. I am sure Hypertherm was not referring to the actual trigger on your torch but rather that trigger signal that I am referring to.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Probably just a sticking button on the control panel. $89 bucks for a new panel from Plasmacam if so.

Open diagnostics and look to see if the test button indicator on the screen is yellow when not being pressed intermittently. Press it and other buttons to see if it works correctly.
AZEARLYBRONCO
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AZEARLYBRONCO »

FYI, My Plasmacam torch was firing randomly as well. Replaced control panel and no more problems.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

AZEARLYBRONCO wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:42 pm FYI, My Plasmacam torch was firing randomly as well. Replaced control panel and no more problems.
That's good to know.
David

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”