Problems with Video Manual

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
falcondan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Problems with Video Manual

Post by falcondan »

Just upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10 and now the video portion of the Video Manual does not work. Plasmacam wants the computer returned but I thought I would ask here first. After installing the Video Manual disk it worked for a few days and then the video portion quit. Just get a gray screen. After a few times of uninstalling and reinstalling I've had it work twice but again, it quits after a day or two. Has anyone had the same trouble by chance?

Thanks!!
Dan
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Problems with Video Manual

Post by rdj357 »

I have had a similar problem because I use 2 monitors. Sometimes, for some reason, it opens the video manual and the video does not work but if I drag it over to the other screen it works fine there. Something to do with the video driver I guess.

You can install the video manual on other computers by using the video manual disc or if you have the update disc, you have to uncheck the install Design Edge options and the next screen lets you install just the video manual.
Casaba
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Casaba »

Never had much luck with the video manual and on my drawing laptop I have no DVD player... this thread reminded me to copy it to a flash drive and try to install it again
falcondan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by falcondan »

We already have the return authorization for the computer, but are going to hold off for just a bit to finish a small project. Curious how it worked for a couple of days and then quit. Thanks for the input!!!

Dan
plasmacreations
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by plasmacreations »

Same issue they cant seem to figure it out. Nor will they give you any how tos on the phone because the video Manuel wont play I was told to find a windows 98 or windows XP computer. To play the video manual. Seems crazy now im looking for a more industrial machine to go to. I never had an issue with them until recently seems like they are lacking to keep up with time. Which sucks because I like the machine.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”