Home position keeps moving!1

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Charles Shaw
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Home position keeps moving!1

Post by Charles Shaw »

I have a few problems with my machine, first off I built my own table it's 72" x 156" and I really haven't noticed these issues before.
1) my home position keeps moving on me, I initialize the machine and it go to home position and it's at a different position almost every time!

2) I've started cutting square holes in tubing on opposite sides 1-1/4", 1-1/2"& 2" square tubing and when cutting steel it's great some are 4" on center some are 1-5/8" on center and it's done fine but I've recently (today) started cutting the same holes in aluminum and they're off by as much as a 1/4" from one side to the other!! What gives?!!

I'm kind of new at all of this and try to figure things out for myself but these issues are confusing me to no end.

I guess I should mention I just put on a machine torch and a boss torch magnetic holder, which changed my table edge but I have already re-cut and aligned the new edge.

Any help you all could give me would be much appreciated, I have some wrought iron gates to get ready quick or we're going to lose them and with the money I have out on these upgrades I can't afford that.

Help Please!!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Home position keeps moving!1

Post by rdj357 »

Answered on your Owner Community post but am definitely leaning toward mechanical slippage as the culprit.
Charles Shaw

Post by Charles Shaw »

I'm going to go into work around 5 in the morning and do some checking, I'll be checking the slippage with the marker to see if it lines back up.
Charles Shaw

Post by Charles Shaw »

Thanks for the response also :>)

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”