Problem - Could not control carriage position - Check for jamming or disconnected cable

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
shafique
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Problem - Could not control carriage position - Check for jamming or disconnected cable

Post by shafique »

Hi any body giud me how to solve " could not control carriage position. ( Chekh for jamming or disconnected cable.) " .
Kindly giud me.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Problems please help

Post by Joe Jones »

This error can happen when you have previously pushed the carriage or gantry to a new position BY HAND and TOO FAST. The encoders inside lose track of where the carriage position is, so it goes off into OZ.

When you move the carriage or gantry BY HAND, you must do it s-l-o-w-l-y. Slower than walking pace. If you shove either the carriage or gantry out of the way too quickly, you will create this error.

To FIX this error, you can do it yourself IF the gantry limit switch is close to the controller box. Otherwise it will require two people.

1. Shut down the controller box.

2. Turn the controller box ON again, and REBOOT DesignEdge and let it "find" the machine.

3. Place a finger or a small block of wood or something on the inside of the rail about 1" away from the gantry limit switch. You can use a C-clamp to place a small block of wood there temporarily. This will act as the table leg, and give the gantry some place to "home" to, even if it is not going completely home.

4. Initialize the table. The gantry will bump up against your finger or whatever you used to create a temporary "leg." Once the gantry limit switch has hit (what it BELIEVES is) home position, the carriage should move to one side and the gantry and carriage should back off of your finger/stop and then return, just as it does from the TRUE home position.

5. Once the gantry and carriage "home" to the new position of your gantry limit switch stop point, REMOVE the stop you created, push the gantry about 2" away from that stop position, and initialize the table again. The software will assume you manually moved the gantry away from the actual table leg, and it should move to the true home position as normal.

Good luck!

Joe
DonnaSzucs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Problem - Could not control carriage position - Check for jamming or disconnected cable

Post by DonnaSzucs »

Same problem with gantry position. I have spent several hours trying to fix this dumb code and several thousands of dollars on new parts. Would this suggestion also work perhaps on the gantry ? Help. I have been out of business since October.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Problem - Could not control carriage position - Check for jamming or disconnected cable

Post by rdj357 »

Is your gantry out of square, not letting the limit switch touch the leg stop? Checked encoders in diagnostics?

My cell is (918) 457-0289 if you want to text me I’ll be happy to chat with you and help you get to the bottom of the problem!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”