From 4 x 4 to 5 x 10 table

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
lindseyiron
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

From 4 x 4 to 5 x 10 table

Post by lindseyiron »

not sure if this is possible. I currently have a plasma cam 4 x 4 table, and have been given a 5 x 10 with a plasma cam controller. am I going to need the software for that size or will my current one interchange? and if I need the software, where can I get? Thanks in advance
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: From 4 x 4 to 5 x 10 table

Post by Larry83301 »

Most software that runs a Plasma table will run any size table but not all programs will run all types of Plasma tables. Some programs are proprietary meaning they will only run ONE brand of table. Two ways to find out if it works with your new table are to contact the manufacturer of that table or just try it and hope for the best. My table is an odd size and Mach 3 has no problems. When I ran a large machine shop we had an assortment of sizes of machines up to 10' X 20' and most of the controls were different, we just used a different post processor for what ever brand machine we were using using, so if you are using your old software to run the new machine, no matter the size, as long as you use the correct post processor for the machine it should be OK.

Larry
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: From 4 x 4 to 5 x 10 table

Post by rdj357 »

If you're running older 3.11 software and not Design Edge then you can set the size of the table in the software. If your current machine uses Design Edge then to change the size you'd have to have the Customizable Size upgrade.

Officially, the license to use the software is tied to the table serial number itself so Plasmacam would want you to contact them and find out what version the new table is on, get it registered in your name, and either get the license for use transferred or have you upgrade to Design Edge.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”