GoTorch to 4x8

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
DPC Scott
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

GoTorch to 4x8

Post by DPC Scott »

Really wanting to build a new table and upgrade from my baby GoTorch to a 4x8 table. Doesn't seem all too bad to build one, however my thoughts are to use the 4' and 8' bars and gantry from PlasmaCAM and bolt directly to a table I build. Hoping some time could be saved and someone knows where a possible table plan might be that would utilize the PlasmaCAM bars and electronics. Any suggestions where to locate? Thanks in advance!

-Scott
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: GoTorch to 4x8

Post by adbuch »

Hi Scott,
You will need qty. 2 of the Right Rail (w/gear rack) and qty. 2 of the Left Rail (w/gear rack) plus the Gantry Tube and associated gear rack. These are available directly from Plasmacam. The video manual has an entire section on assembling the table. You may wish to obtain a copy and study it to figure out which parts you will purchase from Plasmacam and what parts you might scratch build yourself.
David
Plasmacam rails and gantry.jpg
Video Manual.jpg
20200528_221246_resized.jpg
20200528_221019_resized.jpg
20200528_221115_resized.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

Hey Scott, I'm in Australia but if you send me a PM, I'll put you in touch with my associate in Houston, Texas. He can provide a carefully engineered package (the control box, motors, configured PC) and share the table specs so you end up with a kick ass system.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Scott already has a first class system. Same controller,servos, encoders, etc. as the Plasmacam DHC2. He is only wanting to extend his table size from 2 x 2 to 4 x 8, and possibly add some software upgrades. No need to build an entire new system.
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

With plasmacam if you want to increase the table size do you have to get plasmacam to unlock that function in the software and pay for that change?

Does it cost much?

What happens if they no longer support the version of software you have?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

robertspark wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:53 am With plasmacam if you want to increase the table size do you have to get plasmacam to unlock that function in the software and pay for that change?

Plasmacam offers an upgrade - Customizable Size - for changing the table size and/or orientation and Z height. I believe the cost is $995.

Does it cost much?

What happens if they no longer support the version of software you have?
Most version upgrades are free. But upgrades from much older version such as 3.11 do have a cost.
David
DPC Scott
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by DPC Scott »

Rodw wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:40 am Hey Scott, I'm in Australia but if you send me a PM, I'll put you in touch with my associate in Houston, Texas. He can provide a carefully engineered package (the control box, motors, configured PC) and share the table specs so you end up with a kick ass system.
Been away from these boards a bit. A hospital stay and busy powder coating shop took priority. Would love to be in touch with your friend. Like mentioned above, just need table specs. Everything else needed I have and can swap out. Thanks! Sending PM.
DPC Scott
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by DPC Scott »

2 left and 2 right rails, gantry rail / gear tube and extended wiring harness arrived today. Planning going to use the PlasmaCAM table leg design and duplicate them for my 8’ table.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Glad to hear you decided to stick with your Plasmacam system. You won't be disappointed.
David
DPC Scott
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by DPC Scott »

Table coming together nicely. Will add some pics once I get a few good ones. In the meantime, anyone happen to be able to take a few detailed images of the Sampson swing assembly for the upper arm? Need to get that part built next! Thanks in advance!!!

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”