Trouble connecting with new pc

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
toolhawk1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Trouble connecting with new pc

Post by toolhawk1 »

Purchase a refurbished computer with windows XP and cannot get the computer to recognize the parallel port and I get this error, I am the original owner of this plasma Cam table and I have not had these issues before , for some reason I cannot get into the bio's in the windows XP either, error code is below , Thanks for any help
Cannot start port access driver , error 2
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Trouble connecting with new pc

Post by adbuch »

Were the parallel card, parallel cable, and controller all working properly before you replaced the computer?
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Trouble connecting with new pc

Post by weldguy »

Bios has nothing to do with Windows XP and once Windows starts to boot up you cannot enter the bios.

When you first press teh power button to turn the PC on you need to repeatedly tap the Delete key, or some PC's could be one of the F keys like F1. Try Del first and if your tapping it and Windows still boots thats not the key. Some PC's will splash up a screent to tell you what key to press, keep and eye out for that after you press the power button.

Once in the bios you can go through the menus and be sure the LPT port is not deactivated to start with. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”