Used 5x10 samson

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Weldamerica
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Used 5x10 samson

Post by Weldamerica »

Sorry so late I'm still learning this software myself I've been watching Joe's videos on YouTube that been pretty helpful thanks for all the help guys. Yeah the e and a are big but this was one of the first trues at the letters
Thanks to Joe I've been getting better
Weld America is my YouTube following name
Weldamerica
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Weldamerica »

The table is located in my 2 car garage
I am using a thermal dynamics cut master 90 on the table that runs fairly smooth. Still trying to get the upgrades as I am still running the basic software. Lol plasmacam called one day offering the full upgrade 7gs and was offering financing. So I said heck i I got 2gs down and willing to make payments. Got everything set up and signed then next day I get a call. Umm sorry Mr. we don't finance software. ? Like why did ya call me then stupid. Anyway that's OK bud no biggie thanks for the prank lol.
About 2 weeks later phone call
Hello this is so and so from plasmacam yeah I wanted to let you know that my sales people were wrong we can finance the software . Well Sorry mister u missed it by that much because I just spent my money on another addition to the shop and went skydiving now I am just saving again for the upgrade.
I am disappointed that this happened but will.be fully upgrading soon
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Welcome to the Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World of PlasmaCAM!!! 🤪

Remember that I offer free online training on the DesignEdge software.

I am headed to Ohio soon, to help a table owner resolve issues with his table, and to train him (them) on the basics of DE. Based on the phone conversations, something odd is happening. So I am going to load up my truck with everything, and I WILL find the problem!

Joe
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

rdj357 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 am
adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:41 pm Robert - after re-reading your post, my takeaway is that the $1995 cost is the same to upgrade any of the tables (2x2, 4x4, or 5x10) - but that the Customizable Size upgrade would not be required for the OP's Sampson table. However, in the case that someone might be increasing the size of the Go Torch table to - say 5x10 - then the purchase of the Customizable Size upgrade ($995) would be required if that particular someone wishes to use more than a 2x2 area of their 5x10 table when upgrading to Design Edge from 3.11.
David
In theory, yes. I can tell you that GoTorch machines were not sold pre-DesignEdge so there is no way they could upgrade from 3.11.

Customizable size is required any time the owner wants to change the physical size (or controller orientation, etc.) of their machine from its original parameters. For instance, I own an old Samson 5x10 that is on 3.11 and have ordered the pieces and made it into a 2x2 for use in my retail store. It is easy to change the table parameters in 3.11 but if I update to DesignEdge I will LOSE that functionality. (They used to include the Customizable Size upgrade for those that had changed their table but have changed that policy.) So they want another $998 to be able to set the size of my table down from 5x10 to 2x2.
Robert - thanks for that clarification.
David

:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

No problem David, any time.

I have a workshop in Vegas every year - this is our 4th year there - November 11-13. It's only a 6 hour drive from Tuscon and there are some spots left if anyone wants to join us!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Weldamerica wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:06 am The table is located in my 2 car garage
I am using a thermal dynamics cut master 90 on the table that runs fairly smooth. Still trying to get the upgrades as I am still running the basic software. Lol plasmacam called one day offering the full upgrade 7gs and was offering financing. So I said heck i I got 2gs down and willing to make payments. Got everything set up and signed then next day I get a call. Umm sorry Mr. we don't finance software. ? Like why did ya call me then stupid. Anyway that's OK bud no biggie thanks for the prank lol.
About 2 weeks later phone call
Hello this is so and so from plasmacam yeah I wanted to let you know that my sales people were wrong we can finance the software . Well Sorry mister u missed it by that much because I just spent my money on another addition to the shop and went skydiving now I am just saving again for the upgrade.
I am disappointed that this happened but will.be fully upgrading soon
I know what you mean. I have had interactions with some Plasmacam tech/sales who have been absolutely great, and then it seems like some of their tech newbies really don't have a clue. My most recent interaction was with newbie tech Zack on the Owner's Group forum. One of the fellow members was having problems with his table and was getting the "noise" error and his gantry was moving stiffly when moved by hand in one direction. He had already replaced his motors and wiring harness along with several other parts. I replied to the OP suggesting that among other things he might try clipping a ground wire from the controller to his computer chassis. This has been a successful solution for several other Plasmacam owners in the past, has been fairly well documented, and is an easy thing to do before sending the controller in to Plasmacam for that $500 test/repair.

By the next day my reply had been mysteriously deleted and replaced by a reply from Zack suggesting that the OP look in the Video Manual. I re-posted my reply - amended to say that Zack had offered a good suggestion for the stiff carriage motion, but that I would still suggest adding the ground wire to address his "noise" error. I also ask why my previous post had been deleted. By the next day, not only had my re-post to the OP been removed, but several other of my posts as well. I received no reply as to why my post was removed, but I can only speculate that my reply had "ruffled the feathers" of tech Zack.

The Plasmacam Owner's Group Online Forum has seen a great decrease in member activity over the past several years, I think in part due to the emergence of the Plasmacam Facebook groups. Aside from Robert, John, and myself I very seldom see any of the "old timers" participating and trying to help the newer members with their questions and problems. I am no expert, but do try to participate in the Plasmacam Facebook groups as well as this forum. It can get very frustrating spending the time and effort on the Plasmacam Owner's Group Forum to try to offer help and then have my replies deleted for no apparent reason.

David
Last edited by adbuch on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Yeah my reply to that thread was deleted as well. I guess Zack knows better. LOL Oh well.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I will be interested to see if this was a one-time incident, or if it continues to be a problem. It sounds like we need a moderator to moderate the techs.
David

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”